Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
The Sr. Payroll Analyst/Manager is responsible for day-to-day payroll transactions processing in payroll accounting system, preparing payroll account reconciliations, and ensuring month end close are completed timely and compliance with Company’s policy and relevant SOX controls. He or she will drive the implementation of new payroll accounting system to ensure successful go-live on Jan 1 2022. The candidate will work both cross-functionally with HR and recruiting teams to ensure payroll processes put in place are robust and scalable to support company future growth.
- Responsible for full cycle processing of US employees including payroll, time & attendance, time-off, security master, reporting, and workflow administration.
- Responds to payroll questions from employees and addresses any payroll issues/updates/edits.
- Create, enforce, and document payroll policies and procedures to ensure proper internal controls and efficient processes in compliance with SOX 404 requirement.
- Manage new state registrations for withholding tax, SUI (state unemployment insurance) and any applicable local taxes.
- Review and audit employee 401(k) contributions as well as make contribution deposits to 3rd party 401(k) administrator in a timely manner.
- Work closely with HR team to ensure employee new hires, terminations, LOA’s, and other changes that affect payroll are processed accurately.
- Review voluntary deductions including medical benefits, FSA, ESPP, 401(k) contributions and loans as well as involuntary deductions, such as garnishments.
- Prepare accounting transactions, including journal entries for bi-weekly payroll/payroll accruals and reconcile payroll related accounts monthly.
- Enter equity related income for NQ exercises and RSU releases. Reconcile and upload YTD taxes to payroll accounting system.
- Ensure timely and accurate W-2 preparation at end of year.
- Creating/running payroll related reports as required for interdepartmental and cross functional charges and reference.
- Prepare payroll accounts reconciliations and flux commentaries for financial statement close review.
- 10+ years of progressive industry experience in payroll processing preferably in a U.S. public company.
- Multi-state payroll experience with ADP, Workday or other related systems such as Time & Attendance using time clock and Time Off module etc.
- Hands on, detail oriented with the ability to work independently and to meet deadlines
- Great team player, flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment. Ability to multi-task and meet challenges with resourcefulness, effectively handle competing demands, take responsibility for fulfillment of obligations and willing to put in work time necessary to reach goals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field required.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.