Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
The Sr. Lab Process Automation Engineer within the Process Development and Automation Engineering Group contributes to the development and implementation of automation systems and workflows to support the processing of samples in a clinical diagnostics and research laboratory environments. This individual collaborates within a team of scientists and engineers upon projects to conceptualize, design, develop, and implement solutions designed to optimize the performance and increase the efficiencies of the laboratory processes.
- Include automation projects leadership and direction.
- Writing scripts for liquid handling robots.
- Lead the development and integration of the automation systems and related software tools, preparing the documentation for equipment validation and operating procedures, and ensure successful implementation in the labs.
- Building rapport with end-users, lab supervisors and process owners, and coordinate with cross functional teams.
- Support the documentation efforts for equipment validation and operating procedures.
- Support user training, troubleshooting, optimizing the workflows, and on-going support for the end-users.
- BS or MS degree in Biomedical engineering or closely related scientific field with minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Technical proficiency and experience in automation and systems development and integration for the life science industry; especially with robotics and liquid handling systems.
- Hamilton Venus 3 or 4 programming experience is required.
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills, and written and verbal communication skills are required. Flexibility and self-initiative required to support several simultaneous automation projects.
- Preparing User Requirement and Testing Procedure, Standard Operating Procedures, and related documentations; and overseeing the functional and validation testing, IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Biotech, pharmaceutical, Lab automation providers, or clinical-laboratory experience is highly desirable.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.