Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
The Sr. Automation Service Engineer within the Process Development and Automation Engineering Group will be responsible for site-wide support for clinical operations activities. This position will be expected to work in close collaboration with the Operations, Quality and Facilities teams. The engineer must be detail oriented and having strong troubleshooting, documentation and interpersonal skills are essential for success in this position.
- Be the first line of contact for automation support, and communicate with lab users and the development teams to solve instrumentation related issues.
- Build rapport with end-users, lab supervisors and process owners to ensure successful support and growth of the Automation and Operations teams.
- Lead new systems or instruments setup and coordinate related activities with all stakeholders.
- Plan and execute preventive maintenance, instruments service, repairs and qualifications.
- Author qualification reports (IQ/OQ) and maintain Preventative Maintenance records.
- Author system level documents and policies when needed
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and distribute information by developing SOPs, checklists, and service bulletins.
- Build strong relationships with automation vendors and suppliers.
- Establish service level objectives and Up-Time metrics.
- Support the Automation team with the qualification of new or revised processes and systems.
- Work closely with QA and Operations teams to define QC routines.
- Help end-users troubleshoot issues.
- Train Operations technicians on conducting routine QC activities.
- Provide support for NCR’s and CAPA’s that are automation related.
- A BS degree in an engineering or related discipline, with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience, preferably with Laboratory Automation equipment makers.
- Proficient in providing service support for Hamilton Robotics or similar liquid handlers, as well as other integrated robotic systems, analytical and process instruments.
- Familiarity with developing and executing equipment service training programs.
- Experience working in regulated environment (CLIA, CAP and FDA) is desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external colleagues and customers from diverse scientific, engineering, operational, and regulatory disciplines.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Ability to take part in an on-call rotation with after-hours and weekend response as needed.
- Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- An analytical mindset focused on process engineering and process improvement
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.