Personalis is a genome-scale diagnostics company with a mission to pioneer genome guided medicine. Our priority is to obtain the most accurate genetic data from each sample, and then to draw the most reliable medically-focused conclusions from these. Our tests are based on whole human genome and exome sequencing, conducted in our state-of-the art laboratory. We analyze results utilizing proprietary databases, advanced human reference sequences, and sophisticated algorithms.
Located in Menlo Park, CA, Personalis’ genome analysis and interpretation services will help clinical researchers and physicians use genome sequence data to help elucidate underlying disease mechanisms, improve the diagnosis of genetic disorders, guide treatment and drug choice, and anticipate and prevent diseases. We are seeking a talented and highly motivated LIMS & Data Management Developer to join our Team.
As part of the overall LIMS & Data Management group, you will be a key member of a team of engineers and analysts, focused on the development and support of core lab information and data delivery systems. The main goals will be to develop a highly automated lab and achieve a substantially shorter sample turnaround time. The position reports to the Manager for Data Management.
- Work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders to:
- Design, development, and deploy improvements and extensions to the LIMS, as well as associated lab instruments and software systems.
- Implement mechanisms for tracking key process, performance, and business metrics.
- Provide maintenance and support for day-to-day LIMS operations, including the troubleshooting of lab instruments, barcode printers, lab scientists’ workstations, etc.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvements, and generate software solutions for them.
- Perform IQ, OQ, and PQ on the LIMS and related systems, and prepare the associated documentation.
Required Education / Experience
- M. S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biology, Physics, or a related field, plus 3 years of work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting high throughput lab information systems in a production environment.
- Experience working with lab scientists on software development and/or analysis projects.
- Experience working in a Linux/UNIX environment.
- Fluent with at least one programming language, with a strong preference for Python and Java.
- Database design and development experience, preferably with PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Basic familiarity with NGS data sets and analysis tools, with a preference for the Illumina platform.
- Detail-oriented work style.
- Collaborative approach to identifying problems and implementing solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with developing and supporting software in a regulated environment, e.g. CLIA, CAP, etc.
- Experience with HPC environments.
- Experience with cloud computing environments, e.g. AWS, GCP.
- Familiarity with industry software development procedures, in particular Agile development strategies.
- Knowledge of basic statistics.
- Experience in data visualization
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.