Personalis, Inc is a service provider of next generation sequencing and advanced analytics. The company, based in Menlo Park, CA, has established a leadership position in the immuno-oncology space for Biomarker Discovery and Personalized Cancer Vaccine applications. Our ImmunoID NeXT platform, based on ACE technology, is increasingly being adopted throughout the pharma/biopharma industry as a universal platform supporting immunotherapy translational research, clinical studies and combination trials.
ACE stands for Accuracy and Content Enhanced and forms the foundation of all our assays. ACE fills the gaps and inconsistencies in conventional sequencing to achieve uniformity in coverage. In addition to the technology and innovative assays, we’ve built a robust operational infrastructure including acquisition of Illumina’s NovaSeq instruments, high performance computing, and automation to support large-scale projects with fast turnaround time at reduced cost. We have built an enterprise-grade genomics management system, Symphony, which enables sample compliance, chain of custody and traceability for the duration of a given study. Our laboratory is CLIA-licensed by the state board of California, Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York and is CAP accredited.
This position is field based and will promote the company’s immuno-oncology portfolio of services targeting early biomarker discovery, translational research, clinical trials, and cancer vaccine development. The Manager Biopharma Business Development will be responsible for growing and developing existing accounts at biotech and pharmaceutical companies. The successful candidate will be able to develop strong relationships ranging from C level executives to scientific directors within an account. A key objective is to ensure the territory financial objectives are met. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team and will work cross functionally with project management, R&D, Business Development and marketing colleagues within Personalis. You will be responsible for bringing new clients.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the client base within your territory with an understanding of the potential to promote and commercialize our suite of NGS services in particular, ImmunoID NeXT.
- Expand business within existing pharma accounts in the territory and develop new pharma accounts to multi-million $ sustainable business opportunities.
- Act as a primary contact for client services, i.e inquiries, proposal generation, and contracting and account management.
- Execution of plan to meet assigned Business Development targets.
- Utilization and maintenance of CRM database (SalesForce)
- Deliver technical/scientific seminars and presentations on Personalis’ products and applications in conjunction with the Application Specialist.
- Demonstrate role and relevance of Personalis’ product portfolio and provide consultation to customers on these products and applications
- Demonstrate command of scientific knowledge to engage in a high level consultative Business Development discussion with PI’s and high level decision makers
- Partner cross-functionally across the company to appropriately support the needs of the customer base
- Engage in accurate forecasting and pipeline management activities
- Effectively prospect and generate new customer leads
- Develop and maintain strong customer connections and continuously work to expand customer base through referrals and networking
- Participate in trade shows and conferences to generate leads and provide competitive intelligence on the market
- Life Science Degree is required, advanced degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or related fields is preferred
- 8+ years Business Development experience in the life science market with focus on genomics and services in the Pharma space
- Thorough understanding of NGS is required
- Good understanding of the drug discovery process in particular oncology or immuno-oncology is highly desired
- Track record and Business Development experience in the Northern California area focused on Pharma and Biopharma accounts.
- Business Development experience with pharma customers conducting clinical trials is essential
- Highly adaptable and independent
- Strong desire to win business and establish long-term customer relationships within Pharma
- Previous demonstrated success with complex Business Development rs within in multi-layered environments.
- Ability to grasp, learn and sell complex technical services
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, strong business acumen, ability to communicate with a diverse group of professionals throughout the drug discovery process.
- CDx experience is a plus.
- Ability to work remotely, out of a home office, 20% travel required
- Valid Driver’s License
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.