Personalis based in Menlo Park, CA, has established a leadership position in the immuno-oncology space for Biomarker Discovery and Personalized Cancer Vaccine applications. Our ImmunoID NexT platform is increasingly adopted throughout the pharma/biopharma industry as a universal platform supporting immunotherapy translational research, clinical studies and combination trials.
In addition to the technology and innovative assays, we have built a robust sequencing infrastructure, high performance computing, and automation to support large-scale projects with fast turnaround time at reduced cost. We have built an enterprise-grade genomics management system, Symphony, which enables sample compliance, chain of custody and traceability for the duration of a given study. Our laboratory is CLIA-licensed by the state board of California, Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York and is CAP accredited.
The Senior Process Development Scientist within the Process Development and Automation Engineering Group will lead or assist with the bio-chemical process optimizations that will enable the automation and scale up of our production assays.
- Project leadership and direction
- Supporting the transfer of tests from research to production and interfacing with both the production and research teams to improve and scale up new and existing products.
- Building rapport with end-users, lab supervisors and process owners, coordinate with cross functional projects teams, and lead the Operation Qualification and Validation studies for process optimization and technology transfer efforts.
- Prepare the documentation for process validations and operating procedures and reports, and ensure the successful implementation in the labs.
- Additional responsibilities include user training, troubleshooting, optimizing the workflows, and on-going support for the end-users."
- PhD Scientist with a minimum of 4 years of experience in molecular biology research and development, human genomic sequencing and related fields, with emphasis on Process Development and Optimization of diagnostic assays in a CLIA regulated laboratory environment.
- Substantial experience in optimizing laboratory methods and workflows and scaling up molecular biology assays to enable high-throughput laboratory operations.
- Proven success in managing collaborative and individual projects
- Skilled at writing clear SOPs and Validation reports, and experience with quality management, including design control, and risk analysis and mitigation strategies.
- Hands-on scientist, experienced with adapting and validating assays for automated processes and continuous workflows.
- Deep understanding of essential molecular biology and methods such as PCR, purification, gel electrophoresis, analysis tools and instrumentation, DNA quantitation, and quality control is required. Next generation sequencing experience is a plus
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.