Personalis is a genome-scale diagnostics company with a mission to pioneer genome guided medicine. Our priority is to obtain the most accurate genetic data from each sample, and then to draw the most reliable medically-focused conclusions from these. Our tests are based on whole human genome and exome sequencing, conducted in our state-of-the art laboratory. We analyze results utilizing proprietary databases, advanced human reference sequences, and sophisticated algorithms
You will work with a world-class, dynamic team of bioinformatics scientists, software engineers, laboratory scientists, assay developers, product managers, and clinicians applying our cutting-edge cancer and immuno-oncology solutions to plan, manage, analyze, and interpret impactful collaborative R&D projects. You will be part of a team focused on development of the latest methods for analyzing genomics data, building analysis pipelines and algorithms, and validating tools for immuno-oncology, neoantigens, and cancer. Your work will contribute to a new generation of genomics based precision medicine products in immuno-oncology and cancer clinical trials, diagnostics, and therapeutics being used by pharma, biotech, hospitals and clinicians.
Develop components of innovative cancer and immuno-oncology products, focusing on cfDNA/RNA and ctDNA applications
- Design and develop tools for high accuracy, comprehensive somatic variant detection from cell free DNA and RNA sequencing
- Develop methods for genomics based characterization of immuno-modulators and biomarkers for immuno-therapy
- Extrapolate collaborative findings, identifying new product applications, new product opportunities, and biomarkers for cancer treatment that will influence product development
- Work cross-functionally to translate findings into actively developed cutting-edge products
- Design and implement validation strategies for genomics analysis tools and pipelines
- Publish results and present at conferences in the area of cancer and immuno-oncology
- Advanced degree (PhD) in bioinformatics, genomics, or a related field is required
- Experience with genomic analysis of NGS based cell free DNA or RNA assays is required
- Experience in cancer genomics is required
- Experience in immuno-oncology is a plus
- Experience developing bioinformatics pipelines and tools for NGS is a plus
- Knowledge of neoantigens, immune checkpoints, tumor microenvironment, and tumor escape mechanisms is a plus
- Experience with cancer genomics software: Mutect, Varscan2, etc. is required
- Experience of cancer variant detection – Small variants, fusions, CNAs, etc.
- Experience with standard genomics software: BWA, GATK, SAMTools, etc is a plus
- Familiarity with cancer databases: Cosmic, TCGA, etc.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.