We are Perseus want to tap into the undeserved demand for the rapidly growing sector of information security and insurance for small and medium sized businesses, starting in Germany and going global.
For our location in Berlin we are looking for an IT Support Specialist / Helpdesk (m/w/d). You will play a key role in supporting our cyber security team, which is at the very core of our business offering, helping with all IT related matters in our office. We provide cyber security services to our customers in a broad range of solutions, beginning from automatic breach and threat detection, e-Learning, phishing simulation etc. up to emergency services and cyber incident insurance.
You should have a collaborative, self-motivated, enthusiastic personality with the urge to make the digital world a safer place, together we will make our customers and partners more secure against the increasing threats of cyber attacks.
What will keep you challenged:
- Communicating and working with the whole team, deeply understanding their needs and finding solutions
- Working with the Operations team you will help with first level IT related issues, ordering all IT equipment, ensuring new starters have the relevant equipment and software, and fixing and maintaining hardware and helping with network issues
- Building and fixing machines/hardware and resolving any equipment issues, installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, printers and scanners
- Installing and maintaining networking hardware and tools
- Generating new innovative ideas that enhance the existing tool suite and product
- Troubleshooting software issues, offering first level support to your colleagues, and taking care of assigning new permissions for new starters
- Creating and documenting new processes in the knowledge base
- Staying ahead of the latest data breaches and delivering cyber threat intelligence
What we would like to see in you:
- A genuine interest to build a career in IT Support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Solution oriented and hands on, utilising your research skills and trial and error to resolve bottlenecks
- Deep understanding of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Experience in installation and maintenance of new networking hardware and tools
- Experience using project management tools such as Jira
- Experience in scripting and automation
- Experience with exploring the Dark Web
- Good database knowledge - both SQL and NoSQL
- Regular expressions knowledge
- Team player with passion for technology, autodidact, independent, innovative and able to multitask
What else could you bring :
- Written communication skills in German
- Programming skills
What is in it for you:
- Opportunity to help shaping the product with your Cyber Security expertise.
- Learning and conferences budget, books, online courses, meetups, deep-dive sessions with the whole team about different areas of our company.
- Free coffee, soft drinks, fruits, veggies, and biscuits.
- Opportunity and potential to grow within the company, many of our interns and working students have joined us permanently
- We respect diversity and inclusiveness, welcoming people from various backgrounds, with diverse ideas and styles, different ways of thinking and working.
Seems like a good fit with what you are looking for? Apply here and let's talk about it!