Perseus Technologies GmbH is part of the HDI Group and was founded in September 2017 with the vision of enabling permanent IT security and data protection.
The aim of Perseus’ employee-centric offering is to establish a long-term cyber security culture along all phases of a cyberattack. The Perseus 360-degree concept includes browser-based employee training, 24/7 cyber emergency assistance, intelligent anti-virus software and a cyber protection letter.
We are more than 40 employees from over 12 nations and work together in the Fintech Hub H:32 in the heart of Berlin.
As a Lead Software Engineer Backend at Perseus, you will work with a team of highly skilled developers delivering experience behind our Security Club. You will be responsible for striving the architecture vision in close collaboration with the Head of Engineering and therefore help the engineering team to ramp up our platform to the next level.
What we would like to see in you:
- As lead you help engineers rise by supporting, teaching and challenging them in their daily work.
- Sharing knowledge and learning new technologies is important to you.
- You have experience in working in an iterative and agile environment while balancing quality orientation and pragmatic solutions.
- As a teamplayer you like to work in a collaborative environment and interact effectively with others while bringing in thoughtful perspectives, empathy, creativity, and a positive attitude to tackle problems at scale.
What will keep you challenged:
- Hands on learning - our wide system landscape does include a lot of challenging technologies (e.g. AWS, Kubernetes, React, Scala).
- Lift up to services - you will help migrate our platform into a service oriented architecture.
- Team collaboration - you will work in a cross-functional organized team with flat hierarchies.
What you can expect from us:
- We will listen to you and respect your ideas on engineering and processes – we value feedback.
- We are agile in a genuine sense of it, being holistic and humane in the way we approach our work.
- We are building a culture of deep uninterrupted work, where you can focus on improving your craftsmanship and achieve results you will be proud of.
- We love solid engineering, independent thinking, being on the edge of science and technology, questioning the existing state of things.
- Competitive salary.
What else is in it for you:
- Learning and conferences budget, books, online courses, meetups, deep-dive sessions with the whole team about different areas of our company.
- Free German classes with people from all over the world!
- Working with a great team in our amazing office in fintech hub H32 incl. free drinks and snacks, community events and other employer benefits (e.g. discounts for transportation tickets, gym memberships, local restaurants and more).
- Company-wide events - we believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office.
- We respect diversity and inclusiveness, welcoming people from various backgrounds, with diverse ideas and styles, different ways of thinking and working.