Who We Are
We are on a mission to reinvent digital marketing creative.
Persado uses AI, data science, and computational linguistics to generate the perfect message for every digital marketing campaign by leveraging the world’s most advanced marketing language knowledge base of more than one million tagged and scored words and phrases.
Backed by Omega Venture Partners, StarVest Partners, Goldman Sachs, and Bain Capital Ventures, Persado helps CMOs from the world’s most valuable brands unlock the power of words and emotionally engage consumers.
What We Are Looking For:
Persado is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join the executive team and lead the company through an exceptional growth phase. A true partner to the CEO and management team, this person will be responsible for building sound financial operations, developing dynamic financial planning and reporting structures, and working with the rest of the management team on a holistic business strategy. This position will report to Persado’s CEO and be based in New York City.
As a highly strategic and operational leader, the CFO will be a key partner to the CEO and a trusted advisor to the Board and Management team.
What We Want You to Do:
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the Chief Executive Officer, management team, and Board on both financial and board-based business issues related to the overall performance of the Company.
- Develop and enhance the company’s financial foundation with appropriate systems and controls that will allow the business to grow effectively over the next several years.
- Lead all company budgeting, forecasting and reporting activities. Ensure continuous improvement of the budgeting process through education of company managers on financial issues impacting their budgets, including identifying ways in which to minimize
costs and maximize performance.
- Analyze business financial performance. Establish measurable outcomes and track performance against them.
- Communication of financial information to Board and Investors and represent Persado in
fundraising efforts with potential investors.
- Identify risks and opportunities through the lens of the financial community and make appropriate recommendations as to further the aggressive growth of the company.
- Oversee the management of the Audit process.
- Recruit, retain and mentor top quality finance staff.
Who You Are:
- Experience as a CFO or as the #2 Finance Executive of a high growth B2B SaaS technology company, that has experienced rapid growth and large-scale growth ($50M-$150M, 30%+ growth)
- Success serving as the key member of the senior executive team in providing input to the CEO, investors, and management regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic objectives
- Exceptional financial management, analytical, reporting, problem-solving, negotiations, and organizational skills.
- Strategic thinker who possesses the exceptional interpersonal skills needed to effectively share and engage the entire organization in the key financial drivers of the company
- Strong business acumen – working knowledge of sales strategy and sales operations, and an ability to think through the model, strategy, and customer acquisition costs.
- Ability to initiate and drive change and have the flexibility to adapt to a dynamic, growing environment.
- Corporate governance experience.
- Sales operations, contract management, and procurement process management.
- Experience with transfer pricing, international tax, and inter-company transactions.
- Demonstrated experience exiting companies with a high-value return for all stakeholders.
- Strong breadth of skills across Accounting, FP&A, M&A, Tax, Legal, Facilities and Negotiations.
- Proven ability to plan, budget, model, and forecast with accurate to know at all times where the company is in relation to internal and external models/targets for the current and successive years.
- Exceptional business, budget and people management skills; passionate about achieving team success; able to inspire and motivate the team.
- Highly collaborative with a track record of building strong internal and external relationships.
- Cognizant of business cultural differences and norms across the globe; able to adapt style and approach to local business cultures.
- Track record of hiring, growing and retaining “A” players.
- High integrity and ethics; style and behavior align with our core values (including, but not only, customer success, excellence, trust, courage, innovation, teamwork, accountability, authenticity, balance, and diversity.)
- Thrive in the use of data to drive decisions.
What We Offer:
Achieve your life goals and work goals at Persado.
- Competitive salary and equitable compensation - We’re committed to equal pay with regular market rate salary adjustments
- Generous Benefits Package globally
- Company Equity
- 401k to prepare for your future
- Paid holidays and flexible paid-time-off
- Annual company off-sites to keep our global offices feeling local
- Persado Cares! 2 paid Volunteer days per year and charitable giving matching
- Weekly meals and a fully-stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Structured onboarding Continuous Learning & Development tied to a personalized career path
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives
- All the gear you need to work smart