Who We Are:
Persado is reinventing digital marketing creative by applying mathematical certainty to the message, the foundational DNA of Marketing. By unlocking the power of words, companies win every digital marketing moment, experiencing dramatic new levels of brand engagement and revenue performance. CMOs from the world’s most valuable brands rely on Persado to generate in a dramatically new way using the power of intelligent automation, AI and advancements in linguistic science to unlock the power of words and emotionally engage consumers, one by one, moment by moment at scale.
The Persado Message Machine uses sophisticated AI, data science, computational linguistics and machine learning to generate the perfect message for every campaign by leveraging the world’s most advanced marketing language knowledge base of more than one million tagged and scored words and phrases. Marketers gain full visibility with quantifiable results and data-driven insights to identify the trends and emotional language that win every moment in the customer journey while ensuring the marketing message always reinforces brand voice.
What We are Looking For:
The Vice President/Practice Leader will be responsible for driving the expansion of the Persado Platform within the Retail vertical, across an existing base of clients, and a defined list of new target accounts. The framework for achieving growth will be based on:
- Identifying and qualifying organizations that would benefit (in a transparent and material way) from the implementation of Persado solutions
- Customizing strategy and process for scale within the Practice Leader’s area of expertise and focus
- Building a team of “junior partners” capable of adding velocity to the scale of Persado’s business
- Defining a clear value and financial impact for the use of Persado solutions within each of the identified organizations (current customers and new business within the retail industry)
- Leading the commercial implementation, execution, and scale of Persado solutions within the client
The Practice Leader will function as a general manager, optimizing the investment of practice resources to achieve the three key strategic goals of winning new business, expanding existing customer relationships and driving up overall customer success as measured by the financial impact of Persado’s solutions to a client’s business, essentially delivering an unparalleled return of the clients digital marketing investment.
What We Want You To Do:
- Assignment of resources to and pursuit of designated named accounts
- Exceed new bookings revenue targets for the Retail practice
- Leading a team of resources to deliver the most comprehensive cross-channel solution available from Persado
The VP/Practice Leader will be responsible for the day to day management of customer relationships including but not limited to:
- Act as “CEO of defined accounts” by directing the development of detailed account plans with command of all elements (authorizers/influencers across lines of business, client strategy, opportunities, defined customer success), and owning the execution of the plan
- Coach and guide a team
- Indirectly manage a virtual team of delivery personnel, data scientists, center of excellence leaders and other roles contributing to the success of the customer
- Deliver the target financial performance from the accounts (growth in bookings and revenue)
- Achieve high customer satisfaction (referenceability, advocacy, Net Promoter, etc.)
- Build and maintain key customer relationships, and develop and implement strategies for expanding Persado’s customer base
- Escalate client and service related issues to senior management
- Anticipate, communicate, and facilitate new client needs and/or product enhancements that will help both the client and Persado improve
- Be an evangelist for the Persado value to the market
What We Want To See:
- Strategic consulting experience is a requirement
- The candidates would be expected to have at least 5 years of senior (Director or above) line management experience leading teams of 5+ individuals
- Deep subject matter expertise in the Retail vertical
- 2+ years of experience directly managing digital marketing or CRM in the Retail vertical
- Successful account management (existing customers / “expand”) and/or sales (net new / “land”) experience in the technology landscape and to Fortune 500 companies. Can point to many successful customers managed and grown over an extended period of time.
- Experience in establishing and growing senior level relationships (CMO, CEO, SVP, etc.), being seen as a trusted advisor
- Has deep expertise in Retail Vertical, Functional (Digital Marketing, Email Strategy, etc.) and/or strategic (Management Consulting) areas. An ideal candidate would have a mix of these. You could come from an industry position where you led Digital Marketing, a leadership role in an infrastructure player (e.g., ESP) or from a globally-respected consulting firm.
What We Offer:
By joining Persado, you will be part of a smart, creative and dynamic company experiencing rapid growth and transformation into a global market leader.
-Competitive salary and equitable compensation
-Generous benefits packages globally
-Flexible paid time-off programs
-Charitable giving matching and volunteer opportunities
-Diversity and inclusion initiatives
-Focus on continuous Learning & Development tied to a personalized career path
Persado is a place where your life goals and work goals can both be achieved!