Who We Are
Persado is reinventing digital marketing creative by applying mathematical certainty to the
message, the foundational DNA of Marketing. By unlocking the power of words, companies win
every digital marketing moment, experiencing dramatic new levels of brand engagement and
revenue performance. CMOs from the world’s most valuable brands rely on Persado to
generate in a dramatically new way using the power of intelligent automation, AI and
advancements in linguistic science to unlock the power of words and emotionally engage
consumers, one by one, moment by moment at scale.
The Persado Message Machine uses sophisticated AI, data science, computational linguistics,
and machine learning to generate the perfect message for every campaign by leveraging the
world’s most advanced marketing language knowledgebase of more than one million tagged
and scored words and phrases. Marketers gain full visibility with quantifiable results and data-
driven insights to identify the trends and emotional language that win every moment in the
customer journey while ensuring the marketing message always reinforces brand voice.
What We Are Looking For:
The SVP of Operations will report directly to the CEO. The position will be based in New York,
NY leading a global Operations organization across four main functions: Project Management,
Campaign Management, Professional Services, and Service Delivery. The candidate will
manage and interact with distributed teams across several time zones and travel as required
both within the U.S. and internationally.The ideal candidate will bring strong technical and commercial leadership skills, and understand
the complexity of digital marketing today, and bring to the organization a track record of
omnichannel software/services experience. In addition, the ideal candidate will be
knowledgeable about the competitive landscape and understand the well-known leaders in the
space, as well as the challengers and niche players.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate how they have scaled teams and functions in the past, and how they have balanced technical and
operational requirements with commercial priorities. He/She will have a good understanding of
SaaS metrics, operational KPIs, customer success metrics, and P&L fundamentals. The SVP of
Operations will be analytical and detail-oriented and will also possess the ability to influence
decisions and behaviors, across all levels of an organization, using data and analysis.
The successful candidate will need to quickly develop an in-depth understanding of the
commercial and operational drivers of the company and use a practical commercial approach in
the way one manages their teams and delivers service to Persado’s customers. The SVP of
Operations will bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the existing management team and will project
as a “do-er” amongst their peers and to 100 team members within the delivery organization,
currently based in the US, UK, Italy, and Greece. The SVP of Operations will be responsible for
quickly setting up and scaling a Professional Services team within the Operations organization.
What We Want You To Do:
● Develop and refine a market-leading implementation process that is a model across
Persado in terms of delivery, standards, and performance. Utilize creative thought
leadership to drive an implementation approach that has minimal associated intervention
and drives automation throughout the different steps of implementing a client.
● Establish a Professional Services function to support key accounts in their Persado
journey. Design the Professional Services delivery model, staff the team, set up
processes and systems, manage the revenue stream, and be responsible for the P&L of
the function. Work closely with Sales and Customer Success to refine the offering over
● In conjunction with Customer Success leadership, frequently speak with clients before,
during, and after implementation to understand the expectations in the market, execution
of the team, and success and improvements needed in our current delivery.
● Determine the appropriate distribution of resources based on consulting and guidance
needed vs. back-office tasks to drive the lowest cost implementation model. The core
team is established in Persado’s New York City headquarters with additional locations of
Chicago, IL, San Francisco, CA, London, England, Rome and Milan, Italy, Athens,
Greece, and various work-from-home employees. Increase automation across every
aspect of the implementation process to drive productivity improvement at aggressive
● Partner with Sales and Customer Success to understand the sales projections and
gather appropriate feedback on market expectations and needs. Forward looking on
staffing, process changes, and improvements to ensure the ability to keep up with high
business growth. Make recommendations to IT, Product, Sales and Executive
Leadership on what changes will have the greatest impact on results and outcomes.
● Partner with SVP Product and Engineering to determine where best and how to invest
and improve the implementation and integration of the client experience including
improving product-specific issues that negatively impact quality and productivity.
● Create a high-performance team environment that supports/reinforces associate
development and retention. Provide periodic performance feedback and conduct annual
performance reviews. Responsible for recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation
management, and performance management of the Operations teams. Determine the
organization's training requirements. Ensure timely and effective training is delivered to
enhance the skills of the team.
What We Want To See:
●10+ years of managing teams in operations or a professional service delivery environment
● Previous experience within an Enterprise ESP, Martech SaaS company, or Digital
● Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
● Experience in defining metrics and refining systems to measure the effectiveness of the
teams in terms of Customer facing/client relationships (NPS) and Operational efficiency
● Experience owning COGS and Service P&L
● Experience managing Professional Services, Network Services, Global Hosting, and
Infrastructure as part of Operations
● Experience leading software/technical projects a plus
Who You Are:
● Must be enthusiastic, professional, highly proactive and be comfortable in an up-selling
role while maintaining and building the relationship
● Thrives on finding intriguing solutions to ambiguous problems
● Collaborative team player with the ability to shift gears quickly and efficiently
● Dependable and reliable with clear thinking and attention to detail
● Truly loves working in a fast-paced, creative environment, whose passion is evident in
● Great sense of humor and outlook on life
What We Offer:
By joining Persado, you will be part of a smart, creative and dynamic company experiencing
rapid growth and transformation into a global market leader.
● Competitive salary and equitable compensation
● Generous benefits packages globally
● Flexible paid time-off programs
● Charitable giving matching and volunteer opportunities
● Diversity and inclusion initiatives
● Structured On-boarding
● Focus on continuous Learning & Development tied to a personalized career path
Persado is a place where your life goals and work goals can both be achieved!
Classification : Public