Who We Are:
Persado is reinventing digital marketing creative by applying mathematical certainty to the message, the foundational DNA of Marketing. By unlocking the power of words, companies win every digital marketing moment, experiencing dramatic new levels of brand engagement and revenue performance. CMOs from the world’s most valuable brands rely on Persado to generate in a dramatically new way using the power of intelligent automation, AI and advancements in linguistic science to unlock the power of words and emotionally engage consumers, one by one, moment by moment at scale.
The Persado Message Machine uses sophisticated AI, data science, computational linguistics and machine learning to generate the perfect message for every campaign by leveraging the world’s most advanced marketing language knowledgebase of more than one million tagged and scored words and phrases. Marketers gain full visibility with quantifiable results and data-driven insights to identify the trends and emotional language that win every moment in the customer journey while ensuring the marketing message always reinforces brand voice.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Junior Database Engineer / Database Specialist based in our Athens office who enjoys taking ownership of the end result and feel comfortable working with databases, unix/shell and scripting. This is a key role with end-to-end responsibility for the turn-key technical delivery of assigned projects and should maintain overall responsibility for all operational aspects of a project from pre-launch through launch and on-going support until the end of the project’s revenue lifecycle.
What We Want You To Do:
- Maintain overall responsibility for all operational aspects of a project from pre-launch through launch and on-going support until the end of the project’s revenue lifecycle.
- Set up, configure, and support the various application components and integrations required for each project.
- Drive the turnover process from the development and IT teams within Persado, ensuring that proper infrastructure is put in place and proper procedures, documentation, and training are prepared.
- Ensure on-time and problem-free project launches by:
- performing all necessary tasks for a project launch
- assisting project managers in proper planning and execution of a project launch and
- working with the rest of the departments in a smooth and effective manner to resolve all issues
- Provide continuous post-launch support by:
- promptly and accurately responding to incoming requests for reports and results
- flawlessly executing all day-to-day or ad-hoc tasks
- performing necessary changes to the applications
- providing in-depth troubleshooting when needed
- Improve and automate operational processes and procedures by:
- creating well documented procedures wherever possible and enforcing adherence to them
- creating and updating templates
- eliminating manual processes wherever possible
- Establish and adhere to quality assurance processes that reduce the likelihood of errors and ensure consistency and quality of results.
- Identify, document, and request tools, features and enhancements for Persado’s applications in order to improve operational efficiency and quality.
- Continuously mentor and train other team members.
What We Want To See:
- University degree in Engineering / Computer Science or similar discipline.
- 1 to 4 years of professional experience in Information Technology.
- At least 1 year of proven, hands-on experience in Unix systems and scripting.
- Strong experience in SQL queries and reporting techniques.
- Strong experience in shell, Python, or other scripting on Unix systems.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English with strong organizational abilities.
- Diverse background, including both software development and hands-on system, application, and/or database administration.
- Experience in Telecom or Application Service Provider environment.
- Hadoop/Hive familiarity is considered a plus
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS is considered a plus
Who You Are:
- Self-driven, ability to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong prioritization skills and flexibility to adjust priorities as needed in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment in order to achieve rapid response times to requests with can-do attitude
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision who takes initiative to improve practices and make sure all aspects are covered
What We Offer:
You will be part of a young, creative, and dynamic company undergoing rapid growth and transformation into a global market leader.
- Work with fun, diverse and like-minded developers on cool products
- Learn a lot and grow with us
- All the computer gear you need to improve your productivity and great office benefits
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Work-life flexibility – we value your contributions above all