Who We Are:
Persado is reinventing digital marketing creative by applying mathematical certainty to the words we use in marketing communications. Words are the foundational DNA of marketing. By unlocking the power of words, companies win every digital marketing moment, experiencing dramatic new brand engagement and revenue performance across every channel.
In an era where marketing budgets have hit the wall and digital marketing creative is underperforming, Persado is empowering companies to break out of this “confidence crisis” by shifting digital creative from subjective “guesswork” to science. The Persado Message Machine keeps companies from falling behind by using mathematical certainty to inform their brands and instill confidence that they are making every word count across each customer journey, and every channel.
Forward-thinking CMOs and marketing executives rely on Persado to continuously outperform by using words as a new source of value and differentiation, driving up to a 30X ROI across all of digital marketing and multiplying the impact of existing investments. Applying data science and AI to digital marketing creative is a $14B greenfield opportunity in Martech. It’s a great opportunity for those who are interested in joining a high growth company and want to be part of starting movement and establishing a new category in Martech.
What We Are Looking For:
As the Director of Content Marketing you are responsible for developing a multi-channel content strategy that creates differentiation and conversation in the marketplace. In this position, you'll develop and execute a data-driven content marketing strategy. You'll identify the best topics, formats, and promotional techniques, then create, curate, and adapt content to further Persado as a thought-leader and engage marketing executives. This position requires strong expertise with content metrics and optimization, collaboration with internal and external content creators, and the ability to create and tailor content yourself. You'll bring a mix of creativity, execution discipline, and accountability to results.
This position includes management responsibilities and reports to the VP of Corporate Marketing & Strategy.
What We Want You To Do:
- Create and evolve Persado’s long form content and social strategy to extend marketing initiatives across channels and audiences, with an ABM focus.
- Use audience insights, personas, keyword research, messaging themes, campaign plans, competitive information and content performance analytics to build an editorial calendar and create related content
- Create a steady stream of primary and derivative asset types that can be leveraged across various channels and use cases
- Understand and leverage industry trends, the corporate brand and product value propositions to ensure content quality and relevance in content creation
- Engage and collaborate cross-functionally as needed to support content ideation, creation, activation and measurement requirements
- Manage meeting and resource schedules, workflows and deadlines associated with content marketing activities
- Contribute to SEO and search engine marketing initiatives with keyword optimization, content tagging and metadata management
- Collaborate with other functions to gather the information needed to optimize content asset creation, performance and measurement
- Collaborate with marketing program owners and campaign managers to integrate and repurpose content marketing and campaign content where appropriate
- Collect, analyze and report on content marketing success via standard content marketing related KPIs, using Web analytics tools, marketing automation platforms, social media management tools, content marketing software and business intelligence platforms to inform and optimize ongoing content marketing efforts
- Participate in finding, hiring and managing content marketing agencies, consultants or freelancers, including writers, graphic designers, video and interactive content producers, and SEO professionals, as needed
Who You Are
- 10+ years experience developing multi-channel content strategy, experienced in working with both established and emerging consumer brands.
- You have a varied mix of experience in relevant roles and industries including content marketing (paid and organic), PR/communications, and copywriting.
- Fluency in content marketing tools and platforms, including: CMS; social media management/listening; data and business intelligence.
- Experience in a rigorous performance data environment and desire to test and learn.
- Proven success with both long-form content creation and in the moment, reactive content creation and distribution. You can easily move between editing and authoring content yourself.
- Exceptional organizational skills and manage accountability well. You can oversee multiple work streams simultaneously and are equally comfortable delegating or owning tasks, no matter how big or small.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You seek to make things better while maintaining high quality and consistently fresh creative.