Persado is reinventing digital marketing creative by applying mathematical certainty to the words we use in marketing communications. Words are the foundational DNA of marketing. By unlocking the power of words, companies win every digital marketing moment, experiencing dramatic new brand engagement and revenue performance across every channel.
In an era where marketing budgets have hit the wall and digital marketing creative is underperforming, Persado is empowering companies to break out of this “confidence crisis” by shifting digital creative from subjective “guesswork” to science. The Persado Message Machine keeps companies from falling behind by using mathematical certainty to inform their brands and instill confidence that they are making every word count across each customer journey, and every channel.
Forward-thinking CMOs and marketing executives rely on Persado to continuously outperform by using words as a new source of value and differentiation, driving up to a 30X ROI across all of digital marketing and multiplying the impact of existing investments.
Applying data science and AI to digital marketing creative is a $14B greenfield opportunity in Martech. It’s a great opportunity for those who are interested in joining a high growth company and want to be part of starting movement and establishing a new category in Martech.
About the Role:
In this high-profile, hands-on role, the Director, Corporate Communications will lead all aspects of public relations and communications globally for the company, while overseeing analyst relations, and collaborating with the content and social media team. This individual will also manage our agencies in the US, UK and EU. The new director will be responsible for building external awareness for the company’s strategic vision, innovative solutions as well as Persado’s executive team.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of leading innovative campaigns and initiatives that generate exceptional results with measurable impact. The candidate must excel at collaborating with senior business, marketing and product leaders. The candidate also needs to be able to travel, with international travel required at least once annually.
- In partnership with executive management, develop and execute a global integrated PR strategy and comprehensive program that will drive demand for existing solutions, promote Persado, and raise awareness for the company’s strategy and direction.
- Hold global responsibility for generating large volumes of coverage across the regions that not only promote Persado, but positions Persado as a thought leader in key areas of focus for the company.
- Manage an annual budget and oversee, at a global level, spend tied to global PR agencies.
- Develop a keen understanding of the company’s corporate business priorities while also developing a deep understanding of regional business needs and competitive landscape. Ensure communications plans are implemented that can move the needle against corporate business priorities and that also have impact in the US, EU and UK.
- Partner closely with other critical communications functions, including analyst relations, social media and internal communications to maximize awareness across key campaigns.
- Build thought leadership profiles for key Persado executives through interviews, bylined materials, events and other activities. Serve as a top communications advisor to the Persado leadership team.
- Work closely with the head of content on PR-worthy content and drive any PR related content initiatives.
- Establish operational objectives, quarterly plans and agreed upon metrics. Ensure internal and agency teams understand what success looks like. Make necessary adjustments when business needs change.
- Act as a marketing evangelist for Persado to promote and inform internal stakeholders of key media and analyst coverage.
About You and Required Experience:
- 10+ years of corporate communications or relevant experience, ideally with a mix of agency and in-house expertise.
- Direct experience in leading the creation of the overall corporate communications strategy, mapping to key business priorities and ensuring alignment across the corporate communications, product marketing / product management and senior leadership teams.
- Established track record in driving major media relations campaigns globally, managing programs that generate measurable results.
- Vast experience in driving thought leadership campaigns that resonate with press, tap into current media trends and drive large volumes of coverage.
- Experience in managing global agencies, where agencies understand what success looks like.
- Experience in managing analyst relations
- Excel at frequently communicating within all levels of an organization, including the company’s most senior executives, quickly building trust and confidence with these stakeholders.
- Experience with crisis communications globally.
- Exceptional writing skills and organizational are a must. The candidate must also have a track record of managing budgets and displaying a high degree of financial acumen.
- Excel at taking a creative, collaborative and organized approach to identifying opportunities and solving problems.
- Proactive self-starter with discipline for setting goals and metrics, driving decisions, and getting closure on recommendations and issues.
- Ability to travel based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications or equivalent