Perry Street Software is Jack’d and SCRUFF. We are two of the world’s largest gay, bi, trans and queer social dating apps on iOS and Android. Our brands reach more than 30 million members worldwide so members can connect, meet and express themselves on a platform that prioritizes privacy, security, and community. Our company puts user privacy first, and doesn't use third-party ad networks or tracking software.
A 100% remote, 100% global team
Every day, the PSS product team comes together virtually from more than 18 cities in more than 12 countries. As a colleague at PSS, you can work from any timezone in North America, South America, or Europe. Benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays
- One paid week off at mid-year (the PSS summer refresh week)
- Home office stipend - purchase furniture for your home setup
- Paid parental leave
- Paid travel around the world to meet and collaborate with colleagues (previous destinations include: New York City, Rio, and Berlin)
- Education and conference budget
- Healthy work-life balance and ability to be flexible in how you set your schedule
United States-based employees additionally receive the following benefits:
- 401k plan with 6% match
- Comprehensive, nation-wide healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off policy
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about architecture and monads! Ok just kidding about the last part -- but you can see more about our architecture in our Medium blog series here.
What you'll do:
- Maintain a complex backend which processes more than 350 million web server requests per day
- Build a modern API application atop a functional architecture in Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and/or Sinatra
- Build well factored, maintainable, and tested code using RSpec with Test & Behavior Driven Development (TDD & BDD)
- Understand and build using strong architectural patterns beyond the standard MVC of Rails
- Have a strong sense of OO programming and Architectural patterns
- Be able to work with, mentor, and guide a distributed team of developers
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of general software development experience
- 3+ years of software development experience using Ruby
- Experience using design and architecture patterns
- Strong sense of ownership, ability to work independently, and proven track record of driving products
- Shipped consumer API used concurrently by thousands of users.
Nice to Have:
- Full stack knowledge of technologies like Ruby, SQL, Linux, React, and AWS would be highly desirable
- Experience working with big data technologies and ETLs like Spark, S3, and Redshift
- Experience with analytics platforms, CRM, and engagement platforms (e.g., Mixpanel, Amplitude, Moengage, Quicksight)
- DevOps experience - Docker, k8s, linux/unix
- Experience completing product iterations based on insights from data
- Knowledge of Python, Scala, Spark, Athena, or Databricks
Salary Range: $50,000-$145,000
Perry Street is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.