Permutive is a real-time data platform. Our first application has been within the world of Publishing, where we've built the world's first real-time Audience Platform. We’ve most recently won 6 G2 badges and 3 best in class industry awards.
Our technology sits behind some of the world's largest Publishers such as BBC, BuzzFeed, Business Insider, Hearst, News Corp and Conde Nast, to name a few — we enable them to understand and personalize user experiences for hundreds of millions of people every month.
You'll love working with us if you're excited by growth, embrace responsibility, and love to take on new challenges. It’s a really exciting time to join, experience the best of start-up life, and shape who we become as a company. We're working to build an incredible place to work, with an extraordinary, inclusive culture that transforms our team's careers, and we'd love you to join us.
About the role…
Permutive is looking for a Senior Accountant to join a small and experienced global finance team.
You will promote transparent internal and external stakeholder relationships, nurture trust, and provide fast and meaningful information to drive company growth.
This role is critical to Permutive as it underpins the broader financial performance of the business. The opportunities this will present to the right person are huge. This is the perfect opportunity for someone mission-driven and excited to grow in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing..
- Implement the processes to deliver a best-in-class month-end close process
- Ensure the company complies with all current and future accounting standards (US GAAP and IFRS as required)
- Maintain accounting and finops systems including mid-market solutions for ERP, billing, collections, treasury, procurement and expenses
- Ensure global tax and regulatory compliance – for now, US and UK, but likely more in the future
- Support Sales and Customer Success by structuring enterprise-level software and services deals and renewals
- Support Invoice-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, payroll and travel expense management
What you’ll need..
- Experience working as an Accountant for a globally distributed company.
- Commutable distance to our office in NYC. You will be required to work in our office 2 days per week.
- A proactive approach to your work with a constant focus and desire for continuous improvement
- Successfully worked on accounting functions from an early stage; you are able to assess the current state and articulate then execute a vision of the future state
- Maintained Enterprise Resource Planning in a global, multi-currency business.
- Implemented point-solutions around the ERP to improve efficiencies in all processes
- Deep knowledge of revenue and expense recognition, with a primary focus on commercial success over technical compliance.
- Detail-oriented, with a core focus on the quality of inputs and outputs, and can see and articulate the big picture.
- Consistently deliver on time, with quality, and at or better than budget.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to review and understand commercial and vendor contracts
- Looking to learn and improve, solicit and use constructive feedback
What we are offering…
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process. For a typical candidate who meets our requirements, we pay a base salary between $90,000 - $100,000.
- Stock options
- Health & dental are covered 100% for Permutive employees and 75% for dependents
- A focus on flexibility: gym class at lunch? Time for meditation? Dropping the children off at school? We trust you to manage your time effectively
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has full access to Linkedin Learning
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- 401(k) plan
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.