Permutive is built on the core principle of responsible marketing, which includes privacy, consent and transparency. Its Audience Platform empowers publishers and advertisers to responsibly activate audiences without any third-party access to personal data.
Permutive is listed in Y Combinator’s Top 150 companies of all time and are trusted by the world’s largest publishers and advertisers, including News Corp, Hearst, BuzzFeed, Penske Media, Future plc, The Guardian, Vox Media, Insider, Hubert Burda Media and Condé Nast International to power their first party audience platforms. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, Softbank Vision Fund and EQT Ventures.
About the role
Permutive is looking for a highly seasoned seller with demonstrated experience successfully selling solutions to enterprise customers. You will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on our customer base in North America.
The Sales team works collaboratively with our industry experts and customer delivery professionals, ensuring our technology drives measurable outcomes for our publishers.
As a senior member of the sales team, you will be focused on the North America market, you will help the world's leading Enterprise Publishers understand how Permutive can help them deliver unrivaled revenue and profitability while preserving the security and privacy of their users.
We are looking for someone who is structured and strategic and understands and takes ownership in driving the value of each stage of the sales cycle.
You'll work closely with innovative, market-leading customers and our engineering team to drive and deliver other industry-leading capabilities.
What you’ll be doing
- Instrumental in Permutive's growth in North America.
- Developing and executing a Sales Plan to maximize annual and quarterly targets for your territory.
- Take full ownership and accountability of the whole sales cycle. Add and own the structure of closing each partnership.
- Working directly with the CRO and supporting teams to highlight value and risk and steer each opportunity.
- Forming solid internal partnerships with teams such as Marketing, BDRs, Sales Engineers, Customer Success, and the senior leadership team.
- Communicating the benefits of the Permutive platform to a variety of audiences, including executive-level decision-makers
- Producing and delivering tailored sales presentations.
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant competitive solutions, products, and industry trends and helping refine our competitive positioning.
- Attending industry meetings, conferences, and networking events.
What you’ll need
- Extensive experience and deep expertise as a seasoned individual contributor selling B2B SaaS solutions to Enterprise customers ($500,000+ value).
- Demonstrated previous success using a structured and strategic approach to your sales motion.
- Outcome focussed approach to sales, with a critical focus on achievable value.
- Experience in managing deal cycles (6+ months) involving multiple stakeholders, from prospecting to close.
- Excellent executive engagement and presentation skills.
- Customer-centric mindset
- A leader in structured, value focussed sales process
- A desire to learn and develop, with a recognition of where your areas of improvement are
- A record of overachievement complemented by an ability to engage prospects on a new, but demonstrably better approach to their business.
- A data-driven approach to managing your business in order to maximise your chance of success
What we are offering
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process. For a typical candidate who meets our requirements, we pay a base salary of $155,000 and $163,000.
Our Bonus Structure...
If you join Permutive as a Sales Director with a base salary of $155,000 and reach 100% quota attainment in a year, your OTE for that year will be around $310,000+. The true earning potential is significantly higher as your potential to earn is uncapped, 100% quota attainment is the minimum expectation for our Sales Directors.
- Stock options
- Health & dental is covered 100% for Permutive employees and 75% for dependents
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- 401(k) plan
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.
Our approach to Remote First
Permutive is a remote-first company. We expect you to work regularly from home. All employees have access to our offices in NYC and London and can spend as much time as they need working from our office spaces.
In-person planning, collaboration, and social time are a big part of our culture and how we stay connected to each other. We get together once a quarter for a week. Customer-facing roles are required to meet frequently with clients and colleagues and will have more regular travel than other areas of the business.