Permutive is built on the core principle of responsible marketing, which includes privacy, consent and transparency. Its Audience Platform empowers publishers and advertisers to responsibly activate audiences without any third-party access to personal data.
Permutive is listed in Y Combinator’s Top 150 companies of all time and is trusted by the world’s largest publishers and advertisers, including News Corp, Hearst, BuzzFeed, Penske Media, Future plc, The Guardian, Vox Media, Insider, Hubert Burda Media and Condé Nast International.
About the role…
As Head of Publisher Sales - Europe, you will lead a sales team who help publishers and media owners in the region understand how Permutive’s technology can enable them to unlock the true value of their first party data.
As well as driving our sales efforts, the Head of Publisher Sales will be known as a digital advertising expert within the industry, working closely with Permutive prospects, customers and partners.
Internally, the Head of Publisher Sales works closely with the C-level and leadership teams to deliver on our growth strategy and build relationships with teams including Customer Success, Marketing, Product and Engineering to ensure the EMEA sales team have everything they need to be successful.
What you’ll be doing…
- Hire, lead and grow our European sales team by coaching and driving them to achieve success in their roles and as a group.
- Work closely with the Permutive Leadership Team to deliver our revenue strategy, sales targets and objectives.
- Develop and execute Sales Plans to achieve annual and quarterly targets
- Collaborate with BDR, Sales Engineering, Enablement and Marketing to create new business pipeline in our target markets.
- Work with Product, Engineering and other teams to deliver and iterate on best in class solutions for publishers.
- Work with teams including PMM, Enablement and Product to give Sales Directors the collateral, training and information they need to sell new products in market.
- Create and refine internal processes with teams including Legal and Finance to ensure pricing and contracting runs smoothly.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant competitive solutions, products and industry trends.
- Attend and keep up to date with industry meetings, conferences and networking events.
What you’ll need…
- A proven track record of sales leadership within adtech or martech, ideally with a deep understanding of the Advertising Technology sector.
- Hands-on experience building and scaling best-in-class sales teams.
- Experience working with sales teams to open up new countries and regions.
- Experience working with Marketing teams to define and execute a go to market strategy, in particular new regions.
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven ability to inspire direct reports as well as other teams and stakeholders.
- A data-driven approach to sales leadership, working with teams including Sales Operations to design, run and optimise processes including: forecasting, sales cycles, reporting, territory management and sales quotas.
- An empathetic and considered approach to team and people management
- Experience setting truly attainable sales targets whilst focusing on high growth
- Working knowledge of one or more structured sales qualification processes (MEDDIC, Challenger, Miller Heiman etc) and can articulate how it has been applied together with a clear understanding of the strengths and weaknesses
- Able to illustrate with examples their approach to and experience of key stages of the sales lifecycle including: Prospecting, Solution/Value based selling, Functional / technical sales, Closing / legal
- Ability to thrive in the uncertainty which comes with start-up / scale-up environments.
- Examples of how they have dealt with problems they have been presented with, even if their approach has been imperfect. They have the self awareness to talk through their approach and what they learnt.
What we're offering...
If you have experience in most of the areas we are looking for, we would likely pay a base salary of £165,000 + commission + options.
If you have all the required experience we'd pay a base salary up to £185,000 + commission + options.
Our Bonus Structure...
If you join Permutive as a Head of Publisher Sales with a base salary of £165,000 and reach 100% quota attainment in a year, your OTE for that year will be around £330,000 to £350,000. The true earning potential is significantly higher as we have generous accelerators to reward excellent performance and 100% quota attainment is our minimum expectation for our Sales Directors.
- Stock options
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget of £2,400 which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme from day one
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.
Our approach to Remote First
Permutive is a remote first company. We also have an office presence in London and New York. From March 2022, all employees have optional access to a permanent in-person collaboration space in NYC and London. You are expected to do your primary work from home however everyone at Permutive has the option to spend as much (or as little) time as they need working from our office spaces. As a company, we gather in person at least once per quarter for different company-wide events.