Permutive is built on the core principle of responsible marketing, which includes privacy, consent and transparency. Its Audience Platform empowers publishers and advertisers to responsibly activate audiences without any third-party access to personal data.
Permutive is listed in Y Combinator’s Top 150 companies of all time and is trusted by the world’s largest publishers and advertisers, including News Corp, Hearst, BuzzFeed, Penske Media, Future plc, The Guardian, Vox Media, Insider, Hubert Burda Media and Condé Nast International.
About the Role…
As Media Sales Director, you’ll be tasked with helping to significantly grow our US revenue. In this role you will take a strategic approach to prospecting, developing, and closing leads using a variety of sources. This is a key hire for us, as we look to grow our share of mind and voice amongst US marketers and agencies.
Gaining a strong awareness of our narrative and proposition within media agencies is a critical part of the approach we’re taking with Advertisers during 2022 and beyond. Building trusted relationships, based on thought leadership, with strategy, planning, and buying teams within media agencies is fundamental to our success.
A key objective for this role will be to drive media targeting across Permutive’s infrastructure through agencies and brands in your territory.
This role will report directly to the Head of Sales for US Advertiser Solutions.
How you’ll spend your time...
- Execute a business plan for building significant revenue growth across your assigned territory
- Establish relationships with key agencies and brands. Focusing initially on the agency planning and buying teams
- Position Permutive as the industry leader for privacy safe advertising solutions for agencies and brands
- Negotiate media buys and contracts, and work closely with cross-functional partners and the client success team to oversee and execute partnerships
- Provide regular updates to management and supporting functions against key performance indicators and metrics (number of briefs received, number of opportunities created, total revenue coming from territory)
You’d be perfect for this role if you have...
- Commercial experience selling advertising technology to brands and agencies, (programmatic buyers & trading desks)
- Some commercial experience working with innovative, market leading, products and technologies. Experience taking new solutions and products to market before preferable
- Significant knowledge of the AdTech ecosystem (DSPs, SSPs, ID Solutions) and media buying processes, including marketing metrics
- Entrepreneurial approach to working through product, process, and client challenges
- A strong network of Agency and Brand direct contacts in digital marketing and media
What we are offering...
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process.
For a candidate who meets our criteria, we are expecting to pay between $140,000 and $170,000 base + commission + options.
- Stock options
- Health & dental is covered 100% for Permutive employees and 75% for dependents
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget of $3,000 which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- 401(k) plan
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.
Our approach to Remote First
Permutive is a remote first company. We also have an office presence in London and New York. From March 2022, all employees have optional access to a permanent in-person collaboration space in NYC and London. You are expected to do your primary work from home however everyone at Permutive has the option to spend as much (or as little) time as they need working from our office spaces. As a company, we gather in person at least once per quarter for different company-wide events.