Permutive is powering the future of targeted advertising on the Open Web today. As the only Audience Platform built on edge computing, we enable premium advertisers and publishers to plan, build and activate cohorts — all while keeping everyone’s data safe.
We’re a remote-first B2B SaaS company with 150+ people—centred around our London and New York hubs—and growing rapidly. We have received funding from some of the world’s best investors, including a recent $75m Series C led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
About the role...
Permutive is looking for an empathetic Service Operations Advisor with strong troubleshooting skills to join the Support team. Using your problem-solving skills and helpful attitude, you will engage with our user base and improve their customer experience by providing quick and sound responses to queries and issues. As a Service Operations Advisor at Permutive, you will have a direct impact on how publishers drive revenue from our platform and how engineering teams can build software on the edge.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re excited by the opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up, in a role where you'll be able to have a positive impact and take ownership of the challenges you work on. This role is positioned for career progression into our L2 Technical Operations, Sales Engineering, Solution Architects, and Customer Success teams. As an early hire, you'll have the opportunity to be exposed and contribute to every aspect of the business, from product decisions and development processes to strategy.
About the team...
The Service Operations team works directly with our customers across the globe. We aim to delight our most important users with friendly and personalised support while gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products. You'll work closely with every part of the organisation including Product, Engineering, Solution Architects, Sales Engineering, and Customer Success to help scale Permutive globally.
What you will do…
- Set the standard for individual service and support for our customers.
- Respond to tickets in our CRM in an efficient and timely manner.
- Triage incoming requests and spot trends in customer issues to flag for the wider team.
- Run SQL data queries to verify customer data collection.
- Troubleshoot customer configurations.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the team and company by sharing knowledge through documentation, mentorship, and collaboration.
- Contribute to our support metrics alongside your peers in Service Operations.
- Work with the product development team to test new features and bug fixes, and surface meaningful customer feedback.
- Drive and help shape our support processes within the company, working with Technical Operations and other members of the Service Operations team.
- Write customer-facing articles and content for our Support Centre using HTML and CSS.
We’d love to hear from you if you have...
- An entry-level understanding of HTML, CSS, and SQL.
- A deep curiosity for solving technical problems and a passion for helping others.
- Confidence in engaging with people who have varied levels of programming and technical ability.
- A lucid, well-formed communication style (on the phone and in writing), with an impulse to listen and be empathetic first, and an ability to be firm and assertive when necessary.
- The ability to articulate complex thoughts; one moment you may be having a technical discussion with an engineer about the product implications of a new feature, before working directly with a non-technical customer to fix a problem.
- Great time management and prioritisation skills.
- Operational awareness; a sense of the big picture in any organisation you inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how you can help team members navigate best within the big picture.
- Experience writing customer-facing articles or Support content.
We’d be particularly excited if you have…
- Commercial experience investigating and responding to technical questions.
- Curiosity for technology and pushing the envelope of what’s possible.
- Experience working with multi-platform SDKs (e.g. web, Android, iOS).
- Experience in customer support for a B2B SaaS company or in a dynamic startup environment.
- Experience in the AdTech or MarTech space.
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process.
For a typical candidate with strong technical support experience plus most of our requirements, we would likely pay £32,000 + options.
For a candidate with a breadth of experience, and who meets several of our bonus criteria, we’d pay up to £50,000 + options.
- Phone interview : 60 mins - with the Service Ops Team Lead
- Skills test: communication - online activity
- Second interview: 60 mins - with a member of the Service Ops team
- Values Interview with someone from outside of the support team
- Final interview - 90 mins - With the Head of Support and the Service Ops Team lead
- Stock options
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget of £2,400 which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme from day one
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.
How we are responding to COVID-19
We have a presence in London and New York. Permutive is a remote first company committed to working from home for all Permutive employees until February 2022. We have invested significant time and budget into ensuring that everyone is suitably equipped to manage this time period. Our guiding principle behind any decision we make will always be the health and well-being of our employees. In February 2022, we will continue to be a remote first company, and all employees will have optional access to in-person collaboration space in NYC and London.