Permutive is looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer to help us with our customer-facing dashboard, used by all of our customers and written in Elm.
You will join a product focused team alongside two Frontend Elm engineers to ensure our frontend architecture is scalable, building on our current foundations, and also working closely with all of our customer-aligned teams.
As we grow our customer base, we would love to work with someone with solid frontend experience who is open to working with Elm. We'll spend time with you to help you to get more familiar with the language as you grow into the role.
The wider context
Permutive is a B2B SaaS company building the data platform and tools for a world with a trillion edge devices. We have product–market fit and customers that love us, and we’re 90+ people and growing rapidly in Europe and the US. We have received funding from some of the world’s best investors, including Y Combinator.
We’re 30+ engineers working to build an outstanding engineering culture so that everyone who joins has the opportunity and the support to do the best work of their life. Small, autonomous teams are important to us, and we want to empower everyone to make—and be accountable for—decisions through ownership.
Everything we build has to scale: our platform handles more requests each day than there are new tweets and Google searches, and each month we see more than a billion users. We think applying functional programming techniques like compositionality and type-safety is the best way to build the type of massive distributed system our platform comprises, allowing us to move fast without sacrificing quality.
The ideal candidate will have
- Extensive commercial experience with Frontend engineering.
- Experience with Frontend frameworks such as React with Redux & TypeScript.
- Tried Elm, PureScript or ReasonML in your own time.
- Willingness to take ownership of an Elm codebase.
We'd be particularly excited if you have one or more of the below
- Commercial Elm experience.
- Experience building and maintaining design systems.
- Experience of other functional languages such as Scala or Haskell
- GCP or AWS understanding.
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process.
For a typical candidate meeting most of our requirements, we would likely pay £75,000 + options.
For a candidate with a breadth of experience, and who meets several of our bonus criteria, we’d pay up to £100,000 + options.
- Stock options
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget of £2,400 which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme from day one
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.
How we are responding to COVID-19
We have a presence in London and New York. At the beginning of March 2020 we made the decision to move to working from home for all Permutive employees until 2022. We have invested significant time and budget into ensuring that everyone is suitably equipped to manage this time period. Our guiding principle behind any decision we make will always be the health and well-being of our employees.