We’re looking for a technically and commercially-minded Technical Product Manager to join our team. You will join our small but growing Product team to build the foundations of great product practice, and help us foster a strong product-oriented culture within the company.
We’re a small team trying to make big data actionable by anyone. We believe that enterprise companies build clunky platforms which make big data confusing, frustrating and boring. Manipulating billions of data points should feel like you’re being plugged into the Matrix; not into a 90s accountancy package.
Our technology is fundamentally different. Every day we process billions of events across hundreds of millions of users – and we give results in milliseconds. We’ve built the world’s fastest Data Management Platform and the implications are huge.
Revenue is growing super fast; we’re working with flagship publishers and marketers; and we’re beating billion dollar competitors in the market. On route to this, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Y Combinator, EF and Octopus Ventures.
Behind the scenes our goal is to build an incredible company with an extraordinary culture. We’re looking for people who are excited by growth, embrace responsibility and are excited by enormous challenges. It’s a really exciting time to join, experience start-up life and shape who we become.
You’ll spend most of your time:
- Building & managing the roadmap for one of our key products
- Own the product strategy for our SDKs, our querying engine, and infrastructure supporting edge–cloud interaction
- Producing clear, well-scoped product requirements to help our engineers understand what problems we’re solving, & how best to achieve our objectives
- Provide product oversight of critical back-end services & tools, including but not limited to our SDKs & Edge platform
- Working with our engineering teams to ensure predictable velocity, balancing feature development with quality and internal requirements
- Getting input and alignment from conception to successful users: you’ll work with engineering and product marketing right through to sales
- Defining and analysing metrics so that we understand customer behaviour, and to ensure that what we deliver achieves the business outcomes we need
- Communicating roadmap and priorities internally: ensuring alignment from engineering to product marketing to sales to customer success
- Working closely with cross-functional teams product marketing to ensure our go-to-market narrative ties into our key edge differentiators and strategic goals
There will be a lot of areas where you’re able to have an outsized impact on the direction of the company:
Product Strategy: In partnership with our founders, you’ll create and refine a long-term product strategy that marries our edge platform advantages with the needs we’re seeing from existing and potential future customers.
Market Position: Through research of the market, our technological advantages, and the competitive landscape, you’ll help shape what an industry-leading product can be for us.
Product Culture: We’re a small, but growing team so there’s lots of scope to determine how the product discipline should work at Permutive. You’ll have input on how we build the product team, including how and who we hire.
You should apply if:
- You’ve had proven success managing a B2B product before
- You’ve led public-facing SDK or API projects
- You have worked with multi-platform applications (Web, Mobile App, Connected TV)
- You’ve had experience in cloud platforms like GCP
- You’ve had accountability for the product’s influence on a core company metric (e.g. ARR, churn, net retention)
- You are a clear, empathetic communicator with a range of audiences, from sales to engineering to customers
- You’re happiest when working in short, iterative, feedback-driven cycles
- You’re excited about developing processes from scratch
- You enjoy building effective relationships across organisations and getting consensus on objectives
How we pay...
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process.
For a candidate who meets our criteria, we are expecting to pay between £70,000 and £80,000 base + options.
- Stock options (you'll own a piece of the pie)
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget of £2,400 which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme from day one
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.
How we are responding to COVID-19
We have a presence in London and New York. At the beginning of March 2020 we made the decision to move to working from home for all Permutive employees until 2022. We have invested significant time and budget into ensuring that everyone is suitably equipped to manage this time period. Our guiding principle behind any decision we make will always be the health and well-being of our employees.