After experiencing rapid growth of 100% year-on-year, we’re now expanding our finance team. We are looking for a qualified accountant with a firm grasp of accounting fundamentals who is excited to have a significant impact on a high-growth SaaS startup. Our finance team works closely with every part of the organisation including Product, Engineering and Customer Success to help scale Permutive globally. As well as daily collaboration with our finance team of three people, you will take ownership of the day-to-day accounts and be responsible for the company’s financial information.
You will spend most of your time…
- Owning the month-end close process, including accounting journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Producing monthly management accounts with variance analysis
- Mentoring, managing, and supporting the growth of our Finance Assistant
- Designing and improving processes and controls
- Performing analysis of our business and products
- Assigned to ad hoc projects such as ERP & other system implementations, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses
Success in this role means...
- Maximising our cash runway by minimising our cash outflow and maximising our cash inflow
- Training and developing our Finance Assistant so they can have the skills required to step into your position as you progress in the company
- Providing timely and accurate financial information to assist management with decision making
- Improving efficiency and reducing risk for the business
Our ideal Finance Manager...
- Newly qualified chartered accountant
- Strong understanding of accounting theory – particularly US GAAP and FRS 102
- Eagerness to work in a start-up environment
- MS Excel power user
- Experience working with either NetSuite or Tableau is a plus
How we pay...
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process.
For a candidate who meets our criteria, we are expecting to pay between £50,000 and £60,000 base + share options.
- Stock options (you'll own a piece of the pie)
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget of £2,400 which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme from day one
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.
How we are responding to COVID-19
We have a presence in London and New York. At the beginning of March 2020 we made the decision to move to working from home for all Permutive employees until 2022. We have invested significant time and budget into ensuring that everyone is suitably equipped to manage this time period. Our guiding principle behind any decision we make will always be the health and well-being of our employees.