Permutive is looking for a Customer Operations representative to join our Support team. Someone with strong troubleshooting skills who is an empathetic problem solver and can work with our Support Engineering team to take ownership of customer needs.
You'll be joining Permutive's Support team, engaging with our user base and improving their customer experience by providing quick and sound responses to queries and issues. As a Customer Support rep you'll also be contributing to and supporting products that transform the way publishers make money and help to transform the way engineering build software on the edge.
The Customer Operations team work directly with our customers across the globe. We aim to delight our most important users with friendly and personalised support, while gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products. You'll work closely with every part of the organisation including Product, Engineering and Customer Success to help scale Permutive globally.
- Set the standard for individual customer support for our customers
- Aid with the continuous improvement of Customer Operations (responsible for meeting SLAs, writing documentation) and be part of a team that is a key stakeholder for our product and engineering teams in driving our roadmap
- Contribute to our support metrics alongside your peers in Customer Operations
- Triage incoming requests and spot trends in customer issues to flag for the wider team
- Work with the product development team to test new features and bug fixes and surface meaningful customer feedback
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the team and company, by sharing knowledge through mentorship and collaboration
- Drive and help shape our support processes within the company, working with Technical Operations (L2) and other members of the Customer Operations team
- Train our customers and internal teams on product features and uses
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who:
- Has some experience in customer support for a SaaS company or in a dynamic startup environment
- Has a lucid, well-formed communication style (on the phone and in writing), with an impulse to listen and be empathetic first, and an ability to be firm and assertive when necessary.
- Can articulate complex thoughts. One moment you may be having a technical discussion with an engineer about the product implications of a new feature, before quickly moving on to working directly with a non-technical customer to fix a problem. The ideal candidate will be able to clearly articulate themselves in each scenario.
- Has some experience in the AdTech or MarTech space
- Manages time and prioritises efficiently. Things move quickly in this environment and it’s crucial that you are able to react to new information and re-prioritise accordingly.
- Is self aware and adaptable in changing environments.
- Has great operational awareness. A sense of the big picture in any organisation they inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how they can help team members navigate best within the big picture
We'd particularly love to hear from you if you also have:
- Experience in SaaS support
- Experience with programmatic advertising from the buy or sell side.
- Experience writing customer facing articles or support content
Our hiring process
We believe three things are important in a hiring process: what we ask you to do during an interview will be as close as possible to what we would ask you to do as part of your job; to provide you with open, honest feedback throughout the process; and to be respectful of your time. As such, our process is:
- A 20 minute phone interview with our Customer Operations Lead or Head of Support, where we'll talk a little about Permutive and the role we're hiring for and you'll talk about yourself, your experience and technology
- A 3 round interview series via Zoom where you'll spend:
- First hour with our Customer Operations Lead, talking about your experience and understanding how you'd fit into our team
- Second, you'll spend an hour with our Head of Support understanding how you'd fit into our wider team
- Thirdly, you'll spend 30 minutes in a cultural fit interview with a team member outside of support
- If successful you’ll meet with our VP of Customer Success for a short interview. At this point, if it's appropriate, we'll make an offer
For a candidate with experience in a similar position and field, who meets several of our bonus criteria, we’d pay between £32,000 and £50,000 + options.
- Stock options (you'll own a piece of the pie)
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget of £2,400 which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme from day one
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.
How we are responding to COVID-19
We have a presence in London and New York. At the beginning of March 2020 we made the decision to move to working from home for all Permutive employees until 2022. We have invested significant time and budget into ensuring that everyone is suitably equipped to manage this time period. Our guiding principle behind any decision we make will always be the health and well-being of our employees.