Permutive is looking for a Technical Operations Analyst (L2) for our Support team. Someone with strong troubleshooting skills who is an empathetic problem solver. You'll be joining Permutive's Support team, engaging with our user base and improving their customer experience by providing quick and sound responses to queries and issues. As a Tech Ops Analyst you'll also be contributing to, and supporting products that transform the way publishers make money and help to transform the way engineering build software on the edge.
The Technical Operations team work directly with our customers across the globe. We aim to delight our most important users with friendly and personalised support, while gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products. You'll work closely with every part of the organisation including Product, Engineering and Customer Success to help scale Permutive globally.
Your day to day will include:
- Setting the standard for individual Technical Support for our customers
- Responding to tickets in our CRM
- Triaging and investigating system bugs, performance and integration issues
- Running data queries to verify customer data collection
- Troubleshooting customer configurations
- Working closely with the Engineering and broader Support teams
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the team and company, by sharing knowledge through mentorship and collaboration
- Drive and help shape our support processes within the company, working with Support Engineering (L3) and other members of the Customer Operations team (L1)
- Work with the product development team to test new features and bug fixes and surface meaningful customer feedback
We don’t expect you to have deep experience in these domains: we're interested in someone who has a passion for innovation and professional growth.
Our ideal candidate will be excited by the opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up, in a role where you'll be able to have a positive impact and take ownership of the challenges you work on. This role is positioned for career progression into our L3 Support Engineering, Sales Engineering, Solution Architects and Customer Success teams. As an early hire, you'll have the opportunity to be exposed and contribute to every aspect of the business, from product decisions and development processes to strategy.
WE NEED YOU TO HAVE:
- A deep curiosity for solving technical problems and a passion for helping others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence in engaging with people who have varied levels of programming ability
WE’D BE PARTICULARLY EXCITED IF YOU ALSO HAVE ONE OR MORE OF THE BELOW:
- Commercial experience investigating and responding to technical questions
- Curiosity for technology and pushing the envelope of what’s possible
- Some experience working with multi-platform SDKs (e.g. web, Android, iOS)
- Familiarity with databases (SQL, BigTable/HBase, Cassandra, InfluxDB)
- An involvement in the open-source or broader technology community
If not, we’d still love to hear from you - we’re very happy to support you as you learn.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who:
- Has a lucid, well-formed communication style (on the phone and in writing), with an impulse to listen and be empathetic first, and an ability to be firm and assertive when necessary.
- Can articulate complex thoughts. One moment you may be having a technical discussion with an engineer about the product implications of a new feature, before quickly moving on to working directly with a non-technical customer to fix a problem. The ideal candidate will be able to clearly articulate themselves in each scenario.
- Manages time and prioritises efficiently. Things move quickly in this environment and it’s crucial that you are able to react to new information and re-prioritise accordingly.
- Is self aware and adaptable in changing environments.
- Has great operational awareness. A sense of the big picture in any organisation they inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how they can help team members navigate best within the big picture.
We'd particularly love to hear from you if you also have:
- Experience in customer support for a B2B SaaS company or in a dynamic startup environment
- Experience in the AdTech or MarTech space
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process.
For a typical candidate with strong technical support experience plus most of our requirements, we would likely pay $73,500 + options.
For a candidate with a breadth of experience, and who meets several of our bonus criteria, we’d pay up to $105,000 + options.
- Stock options (you'll own a piece of the pie)
- Health & dental is covered 100% for Permutive employees and 75% for dependents
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- 401(k) plan
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Permutive, we’re taking a thoughtful, intersectional, long-term approach to diversity, equity & inclusion. We care deeply about creating an inclusive work environment that allows everyone to flourish, and we are taking continual action to progress in that direction. If you would like to read an outline of efforts we have already made towards becoming a more inclusive company as well as insight into what we are actively working on, you can find that information here.
How we are responding to COVID-19
We have a presence in London and New York. At the beginning of March 2020 we made the decision to move to working from home for all Permutive employees until 2022. We have invested significant time and budget into ensuring that everyone is suitably equipped to manage this time period. Our guiding principle behind any decision we make will always be the health and well-being of our employees.