Permutive is looking for a pragmatic Data Scientist to help us towards a world where consumer data is useful but not at the expense of people's privacy.
Our technology allows us to deal with large volumes of data in realtime. Every month, our SDKs run on over 1 billion devices, our API captures over 150 billion data points, and our models are deployed to over 100 million users.
As our first Data Scientist you will join a newly formed modeling team, working closely with our Solution Architects, Scala Engineers and the rest of engineering team.
A huge part of this role will involve ownership over the quality and accuracy of our models along with having a hand in the operational aspects of deploying learned models at scale. You'll also be involved in establishing how we measure the performance of our models and improve their accuracy.
We’re looking for someone to work with us to own the challenges and interesting questions that come with the scale of our data and help us to answer questions on how we can utilise data to continuously benefit our products.
As an early member of this team, we’re excited to hire someone who is proactive, has the characteristics to shape how we approach data by replacing third party data with modelling in the open marketplace.
The wider context
Permutive are a B2B SaaS company building the data platform and tools for a world with a trillion edge devices. We have product–market fit and customers that love us, and we’re growing rapidly in Europe and the US. We have received funding from some of the world’s best investors, including Y Combinator.
We’re working to build an outstanding engineering culture, so that everyone who joins us has the opportunity and the support to do the best work of your life. We're huge believers in functional programming, type safety, and we’re fortunate that we’re able to prioritise building high quality, super scalable technology. We want everyone who works with us to feel full ownership for their work, so we’re empowered to make (and be accountable for) big strategic decisions.
The ideal candidate will have
- Commercial experience with large-scale machine learning models
- Python and/or Scala experience.
- Data engineering and pipeline experience e.g. Kafka or Spark
- Experience with Machine Learning problems in recommender systems and classifiers
- Pragmatism with the ability to solve challenges independently
We'd be particularly excited if you have one or more of the below
- Worked in a space that relies on consumer or third-party data
- Cloud experience with GCP and/or AWS
- Experience with BigQuery
- Interest or experience in being a voice for our work in the wider tech community (e.g. open source work, meetups, conferences, articles)
- Understanding or interest in ad-tech
- Stock options (you'll own a piece of the pie)
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Weekly all-company lunches, quarterly half-day social events
- Fully stocked office snacks and drinks
- A technology budget to spend (as you see fit) to set up your work environment
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- A good contributory pension
- The opportunity to learn from some amazing colleagues across the company, while creating something that impacts the way we build technology