THE PROBLEM WE'RE TRYING TO SOLVE
As we move forward with our ambitious plans for the SDK, we need a talented engineer to work alongside the team using the latest web technologies.
Some of the questions you’ll be asking in this role include:
- When and how should we deploy web assembly?
- How can we go beyond tree-shaking to really focus on reduction in payload size?
- What can we do to reduce our payloads parse time in modern browsers?
- How do service workers and PWA's fit into our execution and deployment model?
- How can we provide a (type)safe, highly-parallel execution environment for our query language beyond our current web-worker model?
- How can we further integrate with ad-servers or other SDKs in a users browser?
- What does a completely ubiquitous, automated testing environment look like for a project like this?
- How should our SDK operate in restricted environments like AMP or multi-frame environments?
- How do we track the functional and non-functional performance of the SDK in real-time?
THE WIDER TECHNOLOGY CONTEXT
We're huge believers in functional programming, type safety and of building the highest quality, more scalable technology we can. We want our engineers to own as much as possible, so we believe empowering them to make (and be accountable for) big strategic decisions is one of the first steps in building a great engineering culture.
We want our values to speak for themselves and our aim is to build an inclusive, cutting edge, high-achieving and caring environment for engineers to build their careers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Experience of the web platform
- TypeScript experience or a keen interest in working with it
- Experience in working with RESTful APIs
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly
- A broad understanding of software engineering concepts
- A desire to solve interesting and challenging engineering problems
WE'D BE PARTICULARLY EXCITED IF YOU ALSO HAVE ONE OR MORE OF THE BELOW
- An interest or experience in functional programming
- Experience with asynchronous functional code, e.g. futures and promises
- Interest or experience in being a voice for our work in the wider tech community (e.g. open source work, meetups, conferences, articles)
- Stock options (you'll own a piece of the pie)
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Weekly all-company lunches, quarterly half-day social events
- Fully stocked office snacks and drinks
- A technology budget to spend (as you see fit) to set up your work environment
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- A good contributory pension
- The opportunity to learn from some amazing colleagues across the company, while creating something that impacts the way we build technology
How we pay
For a typical candidate with some commercial experience, plus most of our requirements we would likely pay £50,000 + options.
For a candidate with a breadth of experience, and who meets several of our bonus criteria, we'd pay up to £67,000 + options.