PerfectServe is looking for a Back End Software Developer, with experience in Python, to join our Research and Development team as we continue to innovate and redefine what healthcare technology can be. By joining our team, you will contribute to the delivery of impactful experiences to the thousands of healthcare professionals that rely on our products, and positively affect the healthcare of millions of patients. As a Backend Software Developer, you will be responsible for delivering high quality, well tested, and maintainable code. You will be working day to day with backend, frontend and mobile developers to deliver the features our customers will love, all prioritized by the Product Owner. Supported by a Scrum Master, UX team, and dedicated QA professionals, the features you deliver will be extensible, scalable, reliable, and secure. They will provide high value impact to the healthcare communication space. You will receive clear technical direction and coaching from more senior developers and architects to fill in the gaps in your knowledge.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Senior Developers, Architects, UX developers, and Product Owners to design and develop features at API, and Service level.
- Work on difficult problems relating to data, scalability, security and high availability.
- Work daily with Docker and Kubernetes in a distributed microservice based ecosystem.
- Continuously collaborate and communicate with other team members to ensure the most impactful, technically sound, and reliable result.
- Pair program, be mentored, and coached by more experienced members of the team.
- Receive code reviews and constructive criticism on your code and its structure. You’ll also be doing the same for those across the team.
- Work across multiple systems and integrations that comprise the PerfectServe user experience: messaging, telephony, and patient data.
You Bring to the Team:
- At least 3 years of professional Python development experience using a common web framework. For example: Flask, or Django (at PerfectServe we use Django + DRF).
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field. Exceptional candidates with equivalent experience will be considered.
- Experience writing unit tests, integration and end-to-end tests.
- Experience writing well-defined RESTful APIs.
- Experience in CI/CD automation tooling (at PerfectServe we use Jenkins and CircleCI).
- Experience supporting and debugging production service with appropriate tooling (NewRelic, Sentry, etc).
- You’ve created images using Docker and deployed them to Kubernetes.
- A strong communication skill set, both written and oral, and the ability to influence team members.
- A passion for uncompromising quality in the code you write.
- A growth mindset, always looking to learn and experience new things.
- A deep desire for understanding and to be individually impactful.
PerfectServe offers unified healthcare communication solutions to help physicians, nurses, and care team members provide exceptional patient care. PerfectServe’s cloud-based solutions enhance patient safety and reduce provider burnout by automating workflows, speeding time to treatment, optimizing shift schedules, empowering nurse mobility, and engaging patients in their own care.