At Peregrine, we build software to power critical decision-making for public safety and emergency response organizations. These organizations use our technology to protect lives, protect property, and deliver their best service to the public.
We are motivated to help institutions solve their hardest problems through better decision-making. We are passionate about creating cutting-edge, highly scalable data platforms that enable organizations to transform the way they interact with their data.
As a team of service-oriented entrepreneurs, we trust each other, help each other, and dive into challenges together. We each strive to be empathetic, curious, inclusive, brave, and exceptional in our execution.
The Forward Deployed Engineer Role
The Forward Deployed Engineer role is critical to Peregrine’s business and product strategy. Because government agencies are adopting Peregrine at a rapid pace, we are looking for leaders to own product implementation and customer enablement for these important engagements. Forward Deployed Engineers are the engine that powers delivery and growth for our customers. You will:
- Identify and cultivate opportunities where our product can create operational impact with our customers
- Build product and develop data models and pipelines to enable our customers to easily navigate complex workflows
- Build relationships with executive stakeholders at our customer organizations to ensure Peregrine's continued positioning as a partner working on their hardest operational problems
- Train and enable individual users to be effective within our platform
Your north star is to proactively spot and capture valuable opportunities for our customers and our business. You will leverage your strategic thinking and deep customer relationships to maximize Peregrine’s impact on our customers and our communities, all while stewarding the growth of our product platform and overall business.
- You are passionate about finding elegant solutions to complex data modeling problems
- You are an autonomous leader who is motivated to identify novel product, workflow, and business opportunities
- You thoughtfully cultivate long-term relationships with customers and teammates
- You are an empathetic listener who deeply cares about user feedback to improve workflows
- You are a clear and concise communicator with an edge for persuasive and compelling storytelling
What We Look For
- 1-5 years of experience working directly with customers and clients to deploy enterprise software products or conduct data analysis
- Polished communication and presentation skills, including the ability to convey technical and non-technical concepts to a diverse audience
- Strong data modeling and data analysis skills involving intricate data systems (experience with SQL and Python preferred but not required)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a computer science or engineering degree
- Located in the United States, California strongly preferred
Salary Range: $120,000 - $175,000 Annually + Benefits + Equity (if applicable) + Bonus (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here.
Peregrine Technologies is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We celebrate diversity and are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.