Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazon’s 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
Senior Manager, Process Excellent & Innovation (Supply chain focus)
Perch is disrupting the $300B Amazon 3rd party seller marketplace by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. We acquire successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products and have differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon (and other retail channels) who offers exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
Critical to our growth ambitions is a supply chain platform that can seamlessly integrate new brands and products and enables our existing portfolio to expand into new sales channels and geographies. We are looking for a talented and driven person to create and execute our process and safety playbook across all asset based operations.
As part of our asset-based operations team, you will be responsible for analyzing, creating, implementing and continuing to improve all physical and systematic processes within our asset-based facilities. As part of this role, you will:
- Document, baseline, and analyze current physical & systematic processes to drive a consistent and repeatable flow to enable problem solving, defect analysis, and teaching methods.
- Work with many cross-functional partners to reverse-engineer finalized value added services to enable an internal process
- Collaborate with our tech and product teams to ensure strong physical and systematic alignment throughout any process improvements
- Ensure all defined processes are rolled out effectively to all team members and monitor continued compliance to the defined processes
- Build off the baseline processes to ensure we create a culture of continuous improvement across the asset-based network
- Seek out and improve upon core KPI creation and improvement to enable visibility and drive continuous improvement within the supply chain
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and driven professional to execute our ongoing supply chain processes while helping us build a scalable platform to support our rapid growth.
The ideal candidate:
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time
- Is a driven self-starter, pays attention to details, and stays organized despite numerous competing priorities
- Is a natural collaborator who enjoys working with a wide variety of people everyday
- Is comfortable solving ambiguous problems independently without pre-established playbooks to rely on
- Desires an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving startup environment
- Has at least 3-5 years of supply chain or operations experience, with significant experience in process improvement and Warehouse Management & Transportation Systems
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma Systems or demonstrated experience
- Has experience performing analytical tasks in Excel; SQL experience preferred but not required
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.