Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazon’s 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
Central to our success is the ability to manage our supplier base - vetting suppliers before we buy brands, sourcing new suppliers and consolidating across existing suppliers. Creating and executing the Perch Playbook is one of the most challenging and important parts of our success as a company. We are looking for a talented contributor who has a track record of delivering results in ambiguous situations.
This person will partner internally and externally to drive business outcomes through our existing and future 3rd party manufacturer (supplier) base. Responsibilities include:
- Manage risk. Expand and iterate on our supplier auditing system to continually reduce risk to Perch while balancing cost and disruption to partners. Ensure our system represents best-in-class practices.
- Establish and build a strategic sourcing function. Identify opportunities to drive value through sourcing and execute on those opportunities across the Perch portfolio and across geographies.
- Develop a strategic consolidation strategy across Perch’s manufacturing base and brand presence. Gain buy-in from key stakeholders and execute on this vision.
- Build a global team to manage these goals across a current global supplier base of almost 300 that will likely grow to close to 1000 by Q1 of 2022.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and action-oriented person to join our core operating team. The ideal candidate:
- Is fluent in Mandarin.
- Has 5+ years of experience working directly with Chinese manufacturers, preferably in a sourcing capacity.
- Has experience building and leading a global team.
- Has experience leading negotiations that improve business outcomes.
- Has a track record of bringing structure and process to something that is inherently messy.
- Has great attention to detail.
- Is able to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of people.
Location: Boston, MA or Mainland China
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.