Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazon’s 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
Critical to our growth is our Ecommerce Marketplace Expansion leader. This individual is responsible for the management and strategic growth of our portfolio of microbrands on eCommerce marketplaces outside of Amazon.com - owning the P&L (including top-line and contribution margin) while working cross-functionally across the growth, supply chain, and customer operations teams to drive financial performance and rapid expansion of these channels
- Lead the growth of our non-Amazon marketplace sales by accelerating existing products present on these marketplaces and bringing over top-performing products from the Amazon marketplace
- Partner with the supply chain and technology teams to drive growth on these channels without a significant increase in operational complexity
- Own and update rolling 12-month forecasts for every product in the portfolio to support the supply chain team in ensuring adequate inventory levels and efficient capital usage
- Partner with category leaders, brick and mortar expansion team, and the pricing team to minimize pricing conflicts across channels
- Measure and report on financial and market share performance within these channels to drive allocation of teams and resources to where they will be most impactful
- Lead development of overall strategy off-Amazon, including creating and evolving the Perch POV on the likely evolution of the eCommerce landscape across different marketplaces
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders and account teams on each marketplace
- Participate in the recruitment of high-quality candidates across the whole business
- Intentionally develop the culture across Perch as a whole and within the growth team in line with Perch’s stated mission and values
You are an entrepreneurial, data-driven, and proven leader who has the experience and drive to build a high-performing team to compete in a competitive retail environment. Key to success in this role is an ability to strategically prioritize growth opportunities across thousands of products and potential channels by leveraging data, as well as both internal and external relationship-building to drive real impact quickly. Experience launching a new product or service line from scratch, as well as direct experience driving growth on eCommerce marketplaces (either on the brand or retailer side) is preferred but not required. Also very important is a desire and openness to learning rapidly from data-driven trial and error and the humility to learn from others, including the growing network of former brand owners from whom we purchased each brand.
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.