Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazon’s 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
Central to our success is the ability to rapidly grow and optimize our brands after they join our platform. Creating and executing the Perch Playbook is one of the most challenging and important parts of our success as a company. The ideal candidate will be forged in plastic (learnability) and have a track record of writing clean, well tested and maintainable code, delivering results and bringing new ideas to the table on the fly.
This person will have the unique opportunity as a senior member of the engineering team to help define technical projects working directly with technical leadership and will be essential to the company’s ability to continue to scale at a rapid pace. This role could touch every part of our business – acquisitions, supply chain, brand management, technology and finance - and you’ll be an integral member of shaping a rapidly growing technology company.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code, utilizing strong unit testing and debugging skills
- Ability to share and build from extensive experience(s) with multiple database technologies, (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Create and document RESTful APIs (expertise with Python and the Django Framework is a big plus). Bonus points for a strength of experience with the consumption of 3rd party APIs in various formats
- Experience with CI/CD and making improvements to such systems
- Ability to turn complex problems into simple solutions; translating technical details in simple terms to technical and non-technical employees alike
- Ability to explain fundamental design principles behind a scalable application as well as any tradeoffs that could occur in making design choices (Have an opinion to share that we hope leads to scalable systems and exceptional business outcomes)
- Experience collaborating with Product Managers
- The ideal candidate has 5+ years of hands-on development experience in a variety of roles
We are looking for entrepreneurial and collaborative team members to help build out scalable systems. You will be someone who can work autonomously while being a high velocity contributor, and is energized by the challenge of helping us to create the best technology platform we can to grow our business. You should be excited at the prospect of being a part of a rapidly growing company with an aptitude for getting things done. No eCommerce or Amazon experience is required – we believe that with the right set of underlying capabilities, you can learn the industry context quickly.
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.