Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazon’s 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
Critical to our growth ambitions is the ability to expand brick and mortar distribution across Grocery, Mass, Drug, and specialty distribution channels. We are looking for a Trade Marketing Manager to help design and implement a trade marketing strategy across our entire portfolio of Brick and Mortar relevant brands. You will spearhead the adoption of our Trade Promotion Management platform in close collaboration with the Product team. You will develop, manage, and own category/ brand specific 4P strategy and tactics. You will work collaboratively with Field Sales, our sales leadership team, and our Category management team to translate brand strategy into retailer specific marketing plans. A successful Trade Marketing Manger will understand our brands, our customers, and the consumer and work towards strengthening Perch’s connection with each.
- Develop brand specific 4P strategies
- Work closely with Category Managers and field sales to develop pricing strategies that grow net sales, while mitigating channel conflict
- Manage the implementation and adoption of our TPM software platform
- Design and institute a deduction validation framework
- Collaborate cross functionally and across global geographies
- Develop category and brand specific expertise. Know the customer and the consumer.
- Create vision and possess leadership skills
- We are looking for an analytical, driven, curious, and personable team member to join our growing Sales team. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of direct sales, marketing, trade, or sales planning experience, preferably with a multinational CPG company. This role will require a combination of analytical skills, business judgment, emotional intelligence, and comfort with uncertainty.
- Results orientated and comfortable with process ownership
- Ability to travel nationwide on a limited basis
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.