Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices in Austin, Denver and Atlanta, Orchard has over 200 employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for an Acquisition Manager to contribute to Orchard’s home acquisition and disposition process. You will be responsible for due diligence, renovation cost estimation, and eventual disposition. The ideal candidate has hands-on real estate experience analyzing single-family residential homes and conducting comparative market analysis in the Denver market.
This is a full time role that will report into the Associate General Manager of Colorado and be based out of our growing Denver, Colorado market.
What You’ll Do Here
- Own the evaluation process for prospective homes for purchase by helping set asset-level pricing and make sales decisions.
- Inspecting and scoping all required repairs and investments to ensure a quick and profitable sale on market.
- Collaborate with Orchard's Underwriting/Investments team, Data Science team, Field Operations team, Seller Experience team, and Listing Operations team.
- Support the Listing Operations and Orchard Realty teams during the resale process when Orchard sells homes to their next owner
- Partner with the General Manager to ensure all KPI targets are met. Monitor both asset-level and market-level KPIs/metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and develop initiatives to optimize them.
- Professionally represent Orchard in the Denver home market through relationships with vendors and customers.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 5+ years prior experience in single-family residential real estate (e.g. experience with single-family residential investing/operations, homebuilding, or brokerage).
- Experience with real estate investment analysis and comparative market analysis research; and/or managing residential renovation projects
- Deep knowledge of the local market and have lived in the Denver area for 2+ years.
- Experience using software to manage operations. Salesforce, Looker, and Google Suite is a plus.
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across our entire organization.
- Customer empathy with a mindset of finding ways to balance delivering a superior customer experience and a successful operational and financial outcome for our business.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions.
- High energy, passion, and are action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a data-driven mentality.
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- An ability to juggle multiple projects at once and can manage time effectively to prioritize work based on business and operational needs.
We're proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes as one of the best workplaces of 2020. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.