Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. As a vertically-integrated modern real estate brokerage, Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices in Austin, Denver, Dallas and Atlanta, Orchard has over 300 employees and is growing rapidly. We have raised over $150 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution Growth, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed companies including Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Transaction Compliance Coordinator who will be responsible for contributing to building Orchard’s contract compliance department, ensuring our real estate transactions are compliant with market standards, and signing and/or notarizing various documents where an Orchard entity is a party to the transaction. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable in ambiguity and willing to roll up their sleeves on any task big or small in order for us to help deliver an incredible home buying and selling experience for our customers. There is also an opportunity for this person to take on additional responsibility with the company as we scale our operations.
This is a full time role that will report into the Transaction Operations Manager and be based out of our Austin office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Work with Orchard Agents and customers to ensure all homes are ready to be listed for showings and also to be conveyed to new home buyers
- Regularly update and maintain communication with all involved parties in the transactions, including title officers and/or loan officers to ensure a smooth closing
- Review real estate transaction files for compliance with local market expectations
- Sign and/or notarize various documents where an Orchard entity is a party to the transaction
- Drive time-sensitive, detail-oriented tasks from executed contract to close (for both sell-side and buy-side) with a focus on creating the best experience for our customers
- Coordinate closings with the title company and lender to ensure collection of all appropriate documentation to complete closing in a timely manner as well as record closings in various tracking systems
- Ensure we have all documentation needed for a listing
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar role
- Previous residential real estate transaction experience required
- Knowledge of real estate contracts preferred
- Tech proficiencies and experience to include G-Suite and Salesforce
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage multiple projects at different life cycles, with many moving parts for various agents
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Low ego, with ability to take feedback and iterate quickly
We're proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes as one of the best workplaces of 2020. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.