Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices in Austin, Denver and Atlanta, Orchard has over 200 employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen.
About The Role
Orchard is looking for a Field Maintenance Technician to be responsible for the management and ownership of all Orchard Listings in their territory. The Field Maintenance Technician has the responsibility to make sure our listings are always 100% show ready, to anticipate potential headwinds, and proactively walk and anticipate issues that could impact our homes. The Field Maintenance Technician is involved from pre-list (lock box and sign placement) to active list (weekly Quality Assurance walks) to closing.
This is a full time role that will report into the DFW General Manager and be based in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
What You’ll Do Here
- Routinely perform walkthroughs on market homes to check for any issues such as bulbs, smoke alarm batteries, litter pick up, etc.
- Respond to requests for small make ready services such as replacing air filters, installing new locks and troubleshooting smoke detectors.
- Be readily available to run to an asset for an emergency (water leak, break in, etc). These types of situations should be expected during any hours of the work day.
- Perform small repairs such as fixing drawers, cabinets, replacing door knobs, or other small tasks that do not require professional licenses.
- Run errands such as picking up supplies or facilitating the transfer of documents or small supplies between team members.
- Place or pick up signs and lockboxes, as well as keys when a client is vacating a property.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- Experience with minor maintenance and repairs.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Good communication skills, a willing attitude and a strong team player mentality is a must.
- Ability to identity issues and diagnose problems
- Computer skills are required to do this job including email, spreadsheet updating, calendar upkeep, and photo uploading and sending.
We're proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes as one of the best workplaces of 2020. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.