Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices in Austin, Denver and Atlanta, Orchard has over 200 employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a General Home Inspector to be an expert in home inspection with a friendly demeanor with clients.The Home Inspector plays a key role in our home acquisitions by inspecting each house we consider purchasing, running a general home inspection focused on the major home defects (foundation and MEP).
This is a full time role that will report into the General Manager and be based in the Charlotte area.
What You’ll Do Here
- Inspect every home we consider purchasing calling out issues with MEP, foundations, and other common home deficiencies.
- Leverage software to write up inspection reports for each home including detailed descriptions and photographs.
- Represent Orchard as cordial and professional when walking potential clients’ homes, showing up at the scheduled time.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 2+ years of experience in home inspections and have expert knowledge in home inspections
- TREC home inspector license is not required but is preferred.
- Driver’s license and a car with good driving record
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions
- Personable with a customer-first mentality
- Strong drive for results and highly organized
- Scrappy: able to come up with a solution that gets the job done today
- Strong process orientation
- Excels at cross-functional teamwork & communication
We're proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes as one of the best workplaces of 2020. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.