Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices in Austin, Denver, and Atlanta, Orchard has over 200 employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Mortgage Operations Manager to oversee daily operations of our home loans business. In this role, you’ll partner with OHL’s sales and compliance teams while working cross functionally to ensure a great experience for our customers.
This is a hands-on role at an early-stage company. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable with change, welcomes innovation, and is always willing to take on a task - big or small. This person is a creative thinker who can build new processes that improve performance, think strategically while executing methodically, and own projects from ideation through execution. This person has expertise in mortgage operations, understands the compliance rules and regulations, and thrives working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. This is a full time role that will report into the General Manager of Mortgage and be based out of our Austin, Texas office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Build and monitor internal processes to increase efficiencies, ensure best practices are maintained, and eliminate errors from loan origination through funding
- Identify and solve operational challenges faced by team members to enable them to both scale our operations and deliver a best in class customer experience
- Map pain points in our systems and make changes that improve the productivity of the team
- Design workflow enhancements and serve as the key stakeholder across product and tooling enhancements and implementations, specifically in Salesforce
- Partner with compliance to identify areas of organizational risk
- Build out reporting capabilities to track business volume, operational load, and performance SLAs
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative customer and internal feedback to drive improvements
- Develop standard operating procedures and training materials to equip the team for success
- Maintain necessary documentation for reporting purposes, both for internal and external partners
- Execute on special projects such as new markets, product launches, and technology implementations
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 4+ years of experience in operations within mortgage, consumer lending, or financial services
- Experience using Salesforce to manage operations
- Demonstrated track record of communicating effectively and partnering with realtors, lenders, mortgage brokers, clients, and customers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive alignment across teams
- Extraordinary attention to detail; high-standard for quality
- Action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast-moving environments
About the Home Loan Team
Orchard Home Loans (OHL) is an affiliate of Orchard, fully dedicated to offering Mortgage brokerage services to customers to provide a seamless and delightful mortgage transaction . OHL is an innovative environment, with a focus on constant improvement, transparency, and teamwork. Additionally, Orchard Home Loans is a growing team with opportunities to develop your skills and further your career.
We're proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes as one of the best workplaces of 2020. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.