Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices in Austin, Denver and Atlanta, Orchard has over 200 employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen.
About the Role
This is an opportunity to join the growing product and engineering team in our venture-funded business focused on making the home selling experience easier for our customers. If you want to play a key role in scaling a new, innovative business this is the right role for you.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience, with at least 3 years in an infrastructure role. This candidate will be the first dedicated member of the team and have a critical role in creating and implementing the automation around our infrastructure.
What You'll Do Here:
- Review, establish, and educate on best practices around building, deploying and managing cloud infrastructure and services.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, product, security, legal, tech leadership, and others to ensure our infrastructure is meeting the needs of the organization.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, 5+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge of the AWS ecosystem, with strong knowledge in at least one area relevant for building a production infrastructure in their cloud.
- Experience applying automation to the cloud infrastructure using modern infrastructure tooling: infrastructure as code, configuration management, CI pipelines, package managers
- Strong knowledge of Linux system architecture as well as a firm grasp of the linux CLI and shell scripting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
We're proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes as one of the best workplaces of 2020. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.