Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices in Austin, Denver and Atlanta, Orchard has over 200 employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for an Investment Analyst to lead Orchard’s evaluation and pricing efforts during the due diligence phase of an asset’s life cycle. You will work closely with our Sales and Real Estate teams to play a key role in the valuation operations and balancing risk with outcomes. You will be accountable for key operating metrics to drive improvements in pricing process/ policies via efficiency and accuracy. The ideal candidate has operational experience and strong analytical skills, as well as a track-record of process improvement. This is a full time role that will report into the Manager of Investments and be based out of our growing New York, New York office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Ensure underwrite attainment (price attainment, P&L and rehab budget) by working closely with Sales and Real Estate Operations teams to drive conversion at the right price for our customers
- Work closely with Real Estate Operations to develop an asset’s rehab strategy
- Collaborate with Data Science, Tech, and Product teams to drive improvements in the design and accuracy of Orchard’s automated valuation model
- Deliver insight regarding operational & business metrics to the senior leadership team, including performance versus prior periods, market trends, and buy box criteria definition
- Lead efforts in our pricing process to improve decision making during our due diligence process at a market level
- Collaborate with team members to share insights that will drive pricing improvements across the business
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 3+ years of work experience in operations; Real Estate experience a plus
- Advanced understanding of Excel; basic understanding of SQL a plus
- Proficiency with a business intelligence tool (ie. Looker, Tableau)
- Proven ability to improve and sustain processes
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and business judgment skills
- Experience in balancing risk with outcomes
- Results orientated with tireless work ethic and an incredible attention to detail
- Low-ego and has a can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Strong sense of self-direction. You can anticipate what needs to get done without step-by-step instructions
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem. You see ambiguity as opportunity and obstacles as opportunities to build new solutions
- A customer-centric mindset: you care about delivering an exceptional customer experience
We're proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes as one of the best workplaces of 2020. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.