Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 250+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
Role and Responsibilities
Orchard is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Pricing Operations Analyst to join our growing Investments team. As a Pricing Operations Analyst, you will work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams to help drive the direction of Orchard’s fast-paced growth. Reporting to the Manager of Investments, you will help:
- Lead Orchard’s evaluation and pricing efforts during the due diligence phase of an asset’s life cycle while working closely with sales and real estate operations teams to ensure underwrite attainment (price attainment, P&L and rehab budget)
- Focus on driving conversion at the right price for our customers
- Work closely with Real Estate Operations to develop an asset’s rehab strategy
- Collaborate with data science, tech, and product teams to drive improvements in the design and accuracy of Orchard’s automated valuation model
- Deliver insight regarding operational & business metrics to the senior leadership team, including performance versus prior periods, market trends, and buy box criteria definition
- Lead efforts in our pricing process to improve decision making during our due diligence process at a market level
- Collaborate with team members to share insights that will drive pricing improvements across the business
This is a highly operational, execution focused role that requires balancing risk with outcomes and you will be accountable for key operating metrics to drive improvements in pricing process/ policies via efficiency and accuracy
- 3+ years of work experience in operations
- Proven ability to improve and sustain processes
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and business judgment skills
- Experience in balancing risk with outcomes
- Advanced understanding of Excel; basic understanding of SQL a plus
- Proficiency with a business intelligence tool (ie. Looker, Tableau)
- Real estate experience a plus
- A no stone left unturned mentality. Results orientated with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail
- Tireless work ethic and accountability — if you say you’ll handle it, it’s as good as done. You also work fast.
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- You understand the importance of an inclusive environment that relishes diverse perspectives so the team delivers the highest impact to the business
- You believe willpower and determination will lead to strong results
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Strong sense of self-direction. You can anticipate what needs to get done without step-by-step instructions
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem. You see ambiguity as opportunity and obstacles as opportunities to build new solutions