Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it (to the way it should have always been) fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company, has 200+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised significant financing from top tier investors including a $69MM Series C in September 2020
Orchard Title is an affiliate of Orchard, fully dedicated to offering Title & Escrow services to customers to provide the most seamless, delightful closing experience possible.
Role and Responsibilities
As our Project Manager, you will be responsible for driving and executing operational and strategic initiatives to improve our efficiency and effectiveness as Orchard rapidly scales. You will be focused on working closely with our Title and Closing Operations teams, along with other cross functional stakeholders to implement key improvements to processes and tooling. We’re looking for someone with experience in complex fast paced environments who’s ready to roll up their sleeves and make an immediate impact. This role will report to Josh Shih Manager, Business Operations and be based in our Austin, TX office.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and solve operational challenges faced by our closing teams to enable them to deliver best in class customer experience
- Immerse with the Escrow, Title and Closing teams as a key stakeholder in defining new processes and improving existing ones to effectively scale our operations
- Design and implement workflow enhancements in our closing software platform Qualia based on user needs
- Deeply understand pain points in our systems and make changes that improve the productivity of the team
- Build out reporting capabilities to track business volume, operational load and performance SLAs
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative customer feedback data to drive improvement in our NPS and CSAT scores
- Develop standard operating procedures and training materials to equip the team for success in a constantly evolving environment
- Execute on special projects such as new market / product launches and technology implementations
- Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done
- Able to take on ambiguous challenges and arrive at concise conclusions
- Systems-thinker with process-oriented mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an eagerness to collaborate
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain alignment across people at various levels and functions
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches
- Quick to build strong, collaborative working relationships with your colleagues
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs
- 3-4+ years of experience in operations, management consulting, project management, or similar fields. Experience working at an early-stage/tech company is a plus. Bachelor’s degree in a related field