Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
- Support and partner with our team of in-market Home Advisors (San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, Atlanta, Denver and Colorado Springs) to manage and coordinate all aspects of our real estate transactions
- Master the ins and outs of every customer opportunity Orchard offers
- Drive time-sensitive, detail-oriented tasks from executed contract to close (for both sell-side and buy-side) with a focus on creating the best experience for our customers
- Manage contracts and amendments
- Coordinate closings with the title company and lender to ensure collection of all appropriate documentation to complete closing in a timely manner
- Ensure contract documents meet compliance requirements
- Monitor and validate disbursement and receipt of earnest funds and option fee payments
- Regularly update and maintain communication with all involved parties in the transactions, including title officers and/or loan officers to ensure a smooth closing
- Be the person that tackles whatever-comes-up to help us deliver an amazing home selling/buying experience for our customers
- Record closings in various tracking systems
- Ensure we have all documentation needed for a listing (i.e. Seller’s Disclosures, survey/T-47)
- Work with Home Advisors and/or customers to ensure all homes are ready to be listed for showings and also to be conveyed to new home buyers
This is a hands-on role at an early-stage company. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable in ambiguity and willing to roll up their sleeves on any task big or small in order for us to help deliver an incredible home buying and selling experience for our customers. You are someone that works with a sense of urgency at all times. If that sounds like something you’re excited about, we want to hear from you. There is an opportunity for this person to take on additional responsibility with the company as we scale our operations.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage multiple projects at different life cycles, with many moving parts for various agents
- Strong organization and scheduling skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Tech proficiencies and experience to include G-Suites and SalesForce
- Candidates must be organized, resourceful and detail-oriented, with a friendly focus on customer service
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar role
- Previous residential real estate experience required
- Knowledge of real estate contracts in Texas, Colorado and/or Georgia preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Scrappiness to accomplish big goals as part of a small team, with comfort around ambiguity
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage timelines for yourself and others
- Collaborative team player who enjoys working cross-functionally across an organization
- Low ego, with ability to take feedback and iterate quickly