Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities:
Orchard is seeking a Regional Vice President to join our team. This is an early-stage opportunity to join a company that is transforming the way customers buy and sell their homes for the better. The right candidate will be an experienced, dynamic and results oriented sales Leader with a history of building, coaching, and scaling high performing teams. As a RVP, you will be part of the Senior Leadership Team and play an integral and strategic role in scaling our growth across a number of markets. In this role you will:
- Lead and own the growth, performance and forecast attainment for a territory consisting of 3-4 cities (MSAs) throughout the US.
- Hire and Train a team of high performing Regional Sales Managers who will oversee their respective markets.
- Drive strong conversion performance.
- Be a strategic thought partner for the Sales Team and Orchard business to inform market trends, areas of opportunity and plans for iterative improvement.
- Foster and create a high impact, winning culture where team members feel valued and inspired towards the relentless pursuit of our vision.
- Oversee the hiring of a high-performing team of Home Advisors throughout the assigned region.
- Evaluate and implement processes/systems to support sales and growth.
- Create a culture of constant feedback from agents to our product, design, and marketing teams that ensure we are constantly building the best possible services and experiences for our customers.
- Coach and mentor all sales team members to ensure they are performing and meeting minimum standards.
Who You Are
- Prior background working in residential real estate is preferred but not required.
- Successfully managed and scale a team of agents operating in distributed territories.
- High sales IQ who deeply understands the factors that drive high performing sales teams and cultures.
- Dynamic, personable with a customer-first mentality.
- Highly organized with process orientation.
- Expert knowledge in home buying and selling
- Scrappy: able to come up with a solution that gets the job done today
- Strong drive for results
- Excels in ambiguity
- Excels at cross-functional teamwork & communication