Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 200+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities:
Orchard is looking for an experienced generalist to serve as the HR Business Partner for some of our fastest-growing sales and operational teams. Reporting to the Director of People Operations, you will lead and implement key People processes and programs within your areas of responsibility.
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the business and a passion for helping shape and deliver a best-in-class employee experience. You are fluent in both “HR” and “Business” speak, and understand how HR policies and initiatives contribute to the overall strategic and operational objectives. As the primary HR partner for some of Orchard’s most business-critical teams, this is a great opportunity to make an impact on Orchard’s employees, customers, and overall business.
What you'll do:
- Lead and execute key People Operations processes including performance management, compensation, internal mobility, and employee onboarding and termination
- Support and enable programs and initiatives to deliver on Orchard’s People strategy and goals, from employee engagement and culture to learning and development
- Partner with business leaders to think strategically about how they manage, engage, and develop their teams
- Build strong relationships with individuals and teams to maintain a “pulse” on your departments and proactively anticipate challenges, risks, and opportunities
- Synthesize learnings and observations to identify opportunities to improve People team processes and programs
- Champion Orchard’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategy in all components of work
- At least 4-5 years of experience working in an HR Generalist or HR Business Partner capacity, ideally within Real Estate or a growth-stage Technology startup. Experience working with real estate operations and/or sales teams is a plus!
- Proficiency and experience in core HR disciplines such as employee relations, talent management, compensation and benefits administration, and learning and development
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail, with experience executing complex and long-term projects involving cross-functional stakeholders
- Polished communicator with the ability to advise business leaders, facilitate small and large group sessions, and navigate sensitive situations with tact
- High degree of empathy and openness, with the ability to understand other experiences and perspectives to inform recommendations and business decisions
- Experience using HR data to draw meaningful insights and recommendations
- Comfortable working with distributed teams in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office/GSuite tools
- Bachelor’s Degree required