Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities
The Head of Sales Operations will be a critical member of the Orchard team and based in Austin, TX. Reporting into the Chief Revenue Officer, this person will be responsible for process creation and optimization, business intelligence and reporting, strategic planning, sales compensation/incentives and serve as the key stakeholder across product and tooling enhancements and implementations.
As the Head of Sales Operations, you will:
- Collaborate with Orchard's CRO and broader senior leadership team across sales, FP&A, product, field operations and underwriting/investments.
- Be a thought partner for the senior leadership team, leading conversations around process improvement and efficiency while making intelligent decisions which inform company strategy.
- Serve as the key sales stakeholder for all product iterations and technology implementations.
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to develop and track all performance KPIs and extract key insights that will deliver against company performance standards and objectives.
- Be responsible for management and creation of all standard operating procedures across the sales organization.
- Partner with sales leadership to help identify key areas for process improvement that will drive greater customer experience and improve conversion efficiency.
- Oversee the sales compensation and incentive program.
- Strong partner to CRO, with the ability to uncover critical operational insights that will drive greater performance efficiency while maintaining a strong people culture.
- Be a champion for Orchard!
- Bachelor’s Degree and MBA preferred, but not required.
- At least 10+ years professional experience with 5+ years leading sales operations function within an entrepreneurial, high growth business.
- Deep understanding of the principles and levers that drive effective sales organizations.
- Strong analytical capabilities and adept at solving complex problems.
- A+ Leader who is able to formulate compelling, data driven, solutions and recommendations to deliver against objectives.
- Proven ability to build & manage high performing sales operations teams.
- Priven background working across new technology and product implementations.
- History creating and managing sales compensation plans and incentives.
- Experience scaling rapidly growing sales organizations.
- Demonstrated track record of success in exceptional goal achievement.
- Experience working in a technology-driven environment.
- You execute like an entrepreneur: High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done
- Strong analytical skills with relentless attention to detail backed by a data-driven mentality. Genuine intellectual curiosity
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and strong leadership and communication skills (both written and verbal). Can run processes and meetings independently
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across our entire organization.
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as opportunities to build new solutions
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members (at all levels of the Company) in a hands-on management capacity
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches. Solutions-focused mindset
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs. Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to work under high pressure and to meet deadlines
- People describe you as: Passionate, a leader, a strong communicator, and someone that “gets things done.”