Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 100+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
This is a rare opportunity for a Home Loan Officer to be able to show-off how well they can close captive leads. Orchard Home Buying/Selling will be providing Orchard Mortgage, LLC captive leads to help their borrowers obtain a home mortgage. There will be no need to source your own leads.
We are an innovative company that offers clarity and personalized guidance to homebuyers who deserve an advocate looking out for them. As part of our team of Home Loan Officers, you will have access to industry leading software and tools to promote success.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible for assisting Orchard Mortgage customers with their current and future mortgage needs. Each licensed Loan Officer will be provided warm leads directly from Orchard’s Real Estate division. This is truly a rare and exciting opportunity to put your Loan Originator skills to the test where you can focus on closing more loans in less time versus spending hours on lead generation. A dream come true for any Loan Originator.
- Consult with clients about current needs to help them achieve their financial goals by counseling new borrowers on Orchard Mortgage loan solutions
- Work collaboratively with Orchard’s other teams across Real Estate and Title Operations
- Assist clients through the loan process from application to closing
- Originate Orchard Clients via phone, Internet, chat, and co-browsing sales techniques
- No need to source own leads, as Orchard will be providing clients to the Orchard Mortgage
- Close at least 80% of captive leads provided to you by Orchard Real Estate
- Comply with state and federal regulatory requirements as well as Orchard Mortgage’s Policies & Procedures
- Recommend loan solutions and originate loans in accordance with company lending guidelines and customer satisfaction standards
- Ensure complete borrower satisfaction based on both CSAT and NPS scores
- Operate as a key point of contact during the loan process including responsibility for updating the borrower(s) on loan status, reviewing disclosures with borrower(s) and reviewing loan documents with borrower(s)
- Manage pipeline of at least 20-25 loans per month, both purchases & refinances
Education, Knowledge, Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Active NMLS licence or registered (Texas, Georgia, Colorado preferred)
- Knowledge of guidelines pertaining to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA
- Ability to intake large number of qualified leads and pre-qualify
- At least 2 years prior lending experience required
- Sales and service-oriented, mastering consultative sales techniques
- Demonstrated competency in meeting customer service standards
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a team player
- Passion, great communication skills, self-motivation, positive attitude, and competitive spirit
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and sales skills with the ability to apply them via telephone
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel or Google equivalent
- Excellent time management; ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to type efficiently and accurately
- G-Suite/Shared Drives/Encrypted file management/communication
- DU/DO/LPA experience required
- FHA Connection/VA Portal helpful
- CRM experience required
- POS experience required
- LOS experience required