Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
Role & Responsibilities
We are hiring a Closing Operations Coordinator in our Austin, TX office. The Closing Operations Coordinator will report to the Closing Operations Manager or General Manager of Orchard Title and is responsible for ensuring consistent and timely closings processed by Orchard Title. Duties include:
- Support our team of Escrow Officers closing files nationwide
- Drive time-sensitive, detail-oriented tasks from file open through post-closing
- Track all progress on each transaction in our CRM systems
- Receive and process a high volume of contracts and amendments during the life cycle of a transaction
- Order Tax Certs, Title Commitments, Payoffs, HOAs, and other documentation needed to ensure the on time closing of all Orchard Title transactions
- Audit closing packages prepared by Orchard Title Escrow Officers
- Execute post closing quality assurance checks to verify exceptional customer experience and operational consistency
- Proactively identify areas for operational improvements and implement new processes
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with cross-department contacts in Customer Experience / Sales, Contract Operations, and Funding to stay aligned on progress and status of active transactions; proactively work with teams across Orchard to resolve issues in the Title process to avoid delays
- Start, stop, and transfer utilities as needed
- Administrative duties, to include copying, scanning, filing, making/answering phone calls and sending/receiving emails
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a similar field (administrative/title/escrow/real estate/property management)
- Proficient with technology such as Microsoft Office and GoogleSuite.
- Confident working with technologies and speciality software
- Scrappiness to accomplish big goals as part of a growing team
- Be the person that tackles whatever-comes-up to help us deliver an amazing home selling/buying experience for our customers
- Ability to manage competing timelines and a high volume of tasks
- Low ego, with the ability to take feedback and iterate quickly
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)